Series of problems with Vu Duo

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 343 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi, hoping someone can help me please, Ive purchased a new Vu Duo, with a 500GB HDD installed, blackhole image pre installed. Ive installed a few of this systems for the family, Solo2, and Duo2 for myself :) When I was setting up the duo yesterday. The plugs werent giving out an IP address, even though the were working. I put in a static IP and it worked OK, had to reboot the box and the static was gone again. I woiuld imagine it should have stayed put? Also when I played a recording the system locked up, the wee timer symbol stayed on, and there was an error when I tried to initialise the HDD, regarding the partition. The same image has been used on the other Vu Duos and no problems. One of the above issues can explained but several cant be a coincidence? Is there a chance a corrupt image could be the cause of all this? Would I need to reinstall an image and start from scratch to see if that sorts it?

• Starting from scratch and re-flashing the image would probably be a better option in this case, that way you can rule out that it is a corrupt or problem with the image installed..... also consider setting up a swap file after re-flashing the image and installing a few plugins etc...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Official Post

The plugs werent giving out an IP address

Are you using homeplugs ? I had to connect my duo directly to the router first with an ethernet cable to get an ip address and recognize the device mac address, then go into router settings and configure a static ip address.

Connect the duo to the homeplugs.. Now in duo network setup, set the static ip address..

Has the HDD been initialized in the duo or any other receiver before ? Do you have mountpoints setup in device manager (blue button x2) ?

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!