Alien 2+ CCcam & OpenAtv 4.2

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,993 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi & thanks in advance to whoever points my in the right direction... ok im new to modifying Satboxes but not to modifying in general so go easy on me ;) ,
    I'm trying to get CCcam to work on OpenAtv 4.2 on my Alien 2+ but i keep hitting a wall ,, i can get it working no problem if i boot to Sparks .. this has probably being answered over & over i bet so forgive de , So does CCcam even work on OpenAtv ? if not can you point me to what does cheers..

• CCCam won't work on an SH4 based receiver, It was never complied for this chipset. You have to use OSCam or MGCamd.

The CCCam in Spark is a modified version of MGCamd that reports itself as CCCam. Its not CCCam.

Nano

• Ah i see this explains why its working in sparks then thanks nano :) .. any chance you could point me to where one could grab the right OSCam or MGCamd for Open 4.2 .. Cheers

• Just install the IPK below and then the emus will appear in the plugin feeds.

Nano

• Thanks nano :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

Just install the IPK below and then the emus will appear in the plugin feeds.

Nano

I installed the IPK did a few tweaks did a raindance .. Boom 100% working cheers buddy :bravo:

• CCCam won't work on an SH4 based receiver, It was never complied for this chipset. You have to use OSCam or MGCamd.

The CCCam in Spark is a modified version of MGCamd that reports itself as CCCam. Its not CCCam.

Nano

if alien2 has no cccam support
    why readingcccam cfg servers
    why giving cccam info
    please guide

• CCCam was never compiled to run on an SH4 CPU end of story. CCCam that you see under Spark is a modified version of MGCamd that reports itself as CCCam. It will only work as a client it will not work as a server just like MGCamd.

If CCCam could run with an SH4 cpu don't you think it would be included in ll the E2 images also?

MGCamd can interact with a CCCam server client side only, it cannot act as a card reader or as a server.

Anybody that can code MGCamd to report back as CCCam can also get it report CCCaminfo.

Nano

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!