Bizzare Load balancing and local cards behavior

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,044 times. The last Post () by CCcam.

• I have an oscam server (Ubuntu 12.04, svn R9660), but all versions it seems behave this way for me, at least since r9705. I have 7 local cards, 3 Via (2 identical load-balanced ), 2 Nagra, 2 Conax. I share these cards, and also get some shares from others. I have several receivers, with both cable and SAT tuners. When I tune one of the receivers to a channel where I have the card locally, I get the ECMs from the local card, at least for awhile, but eventually (I can see this on the web interface), oscam will get ECMs from some other remote card, with a different CAID (and with several hundred millisecond slower response time), even though the local card (this happens to be a Redlight Elite HD V4 card, 0500:043800) can decrypt this channel. If I switch channels and then switch back, the local card will be used again. I have not changed configuration in quite some time, but I know that SVN 9705 and lower do not exhibit this behavior! Excerpts below

oscam.conf

oscam.server (only relevant card shown)

oscam.dvbapi on receiver

Code
    P: 0500:043800 continue
    P: 0500:023800 continue
    P: 1843:000000 continue
    P: 0B00:000000 continue
    P: 0B02:000000 continue
    P: 0648:000000 continue

Basically, wheveer I am asking for any channel on any of the 6 local cards, oscam should always use the local card, and never ask one of my peers to decrypt (isnt that the purpose of preferlocalcards=2 in oscam.conf ?) Any help appreciated.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!