Cloned Slybox F3 bricked

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 602 times. The last Post () by nedsir.

• Apologies if this is a repeated topic I did try to find something to help me, but didn't

Hi my brother recently asked me to update his Slybox F3 channel list but while I was doing this the box bricked as it turned out it was a cloned box. I'm sending for a cable to reset the firmware on his box as per instruction on this site.. But is there any channel list that is safe to use on a cloned F3 box? Thanks for any reply. And again sorry for any repeat thread.

• it's impossible to load a firmware as a channel list on ***boxes, chan lists are flashed via misc files whereas firmware is 1st option upgrade image. neither will mix
    A corrupt chan list can brick a box, happened many times on release of f5 a few years back. google for your ***box recovery tool, it will contain a read me
    try to avoid using usb to serial as it makes it harder to connect, ypu will need a bit of patience connecting but bear with it. if you get fail to read raw file message
    when connecting you may need to replace the abs firmware file with another firmware

• Thanks for your replies. I found out it was a cloned box. I got a serial cable and followed the instructions to fix a dead box. After a few attemps it started to work again. And take my word for it if I can do it, anyone can as I am a complete techaphobe. regards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!