Problem with Amiko HD8200 boot-up

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,854 times. The last Post () by snotzer.

• Hi,
    I have a problem with Amiko HD8200, it is not booting (when I switch it on, the display keeps showing "ON" and "on", I think it reboots). I tried to connect via RS232 to laptop, but I was not successful. I tried to upgrade/flush firmware using some tools I found, but again no success.
    Could someone help me?
    Thanks in advance!

• Hello hopper,

I am attaching a picture which shows how I try to connect. I am using a cisco console cable + a usb-serial converter (since my laptop doesn't have a serial port).

Regarding to software, I have tried with several, actually I don't know which one to use, I downloaded all tools from http://amiko.ucoz.com/index/to…r_all_amiko_receivers/0-2

For me it would be enough to be able to connect even via PuTTy (I tried with e.g.: baud rate 115200, data 8, stop 1, parity None, flow XON/XOFF but nothing appeared)...

• USB to serial readers are notoriously unreliable. Is there anyway you can try using a computer with a serial port.

I use an addon pci expansion card in my PC to get round the problem of not having a serial port. You can get them off ebay for as little as £5 all in.

• Hi ilche2002

This is the software you need select (Loader Amiko)
    Connect up everything but leave the box turned off
    Run the software setup your com port, no need to change any of the com settings.
    Add the FW for your box click NEXT
    Now turn on the box if all is good then it will reflash for you.
    As nano said usb to serials cables can cause problem it took me a few models before I found a cable that worked for me

• Hello hopper,

I found a 2-sided serial cable and connected STB with PC (nano was right about the cable). Dump Flash lasted for a while and it was successful. Now when I try to do Upgrade, it says that the tool is only for 3612 STB.

Could you please help me with further steps?

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

nano, you are right.
    I tried dozens of combinations with console cable + converters but I was unsuccessful. Finally I found a 2-sided serial cable and connected STB directly to PC.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing..
    When I connect via PuTTy, the following lines are repeatedly shown.

APP init ok
    1!
    success!
    start attatch external crystal net board
    phy detected!
    eth_mac_attach INIT complete!
    hs_config_init hs config data total size [130048]
    hs_config_init key db offset[0] size[65536].
    hs_config_init hs_control offset[10000] size[16016].
    hs_config_init hs_control priority size[6004] use for smap size [4228].
    versin 10 , size 16004 crc 6b85 | calcrc 6b85
    init ok 1 very crc [6b85 | 6b85]
    stb_tuner_type = 1, stb_board_type =2.
    sys_ic_get_chip_id=0x10047 sys_ic_get_rev_id =0x20002
    3606 IC type=4
    APP init ok
    1!

• Hi hopper,

I tried with 3606 Toolbox and it worked. I managed to do the upgrade and now the display is showing "ASH". But when I turn it off and on again, the box doesn't boot - so maybe the problem is not related to firmware :S I think it could be related to some hardware part, while the box was on standby mode the electricity was cut and when it was back it caused some damage...

I don't have another idea where the problem might be.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help :)

• Last time i saw "ASH" was on my old Ferguson 102. It was just a case of reflash to solve it. I don't know much about your box as i haven't owned one but uf it can be updated by use of a USB like the Alien i would now try that.

Nano

• I have tried, but couldn't manage to do that. I saw some videos of updating firmware via USB, turning on the box by keeping the OK button pressed (it was exactly in Alien), but my box doesn't even have an OK button (maybe it should work by pressing it on remote control), I tried other combinations, they didn't work.

Does someone know, is it possible to access some login screen via serial connection in order to at least check the system status? It should be linux, there must be a way to overcome the boot-up problem (if there is no physical damage)..

• I tried both AMIKO_HD8200_Series_1.6.33_conax.abs (downloaded from http://www.amikostb.com/?q=product&id=131) and this one you have sent. I flashed and upgraded using these two files.

The problem is that when I turn its back switch off and on after the flash, the box doesn't go to standby mode (the red LED is not shown at all), that's why I think the problem is in boot-up. Normally the box should boot and go to stand-by mode even if I do not connect it to tv (via HDMI).

OK, I flashed using AMIKO_HD8200_Series_1.6.38_emu.abs again now and the display shows "Conn" which I think means it is connected (via serial cable). What exactly am I supposed to do after dump flash finishes?

Edited 2 times, last by ilche2002 ().

• Same again :S
    Turned off the box, removed the serial cable and turned it on... display keeps showing "ON" and "on", no red LED at all (neither green) - the device cannot arrive to standby mode.
    Connected to tv, selected HDMI on input list, "No Signal" message appears (btw HDMI works with laptop).

• Hello,
    Did you found any solution at this problem? I have the same receiver (Amiko 8200HD) and when I switch it on it displays 00.00 and it become simply a timer.
    I upgraded it (all sw + bootloader) with AMIKO_HD8200_Series_1.6.38_emu.abs by a RS232 serial connection. The process went well (with a successfull message) but the receiver does not boot because I have no message 'ON'.

• Hi ilche2002

The correct way is the way I mentioned it in the post you need to use the Serial port to access the boot menu and flash
    The Alien is a totally different box so pressing the menu button will not do anything for you.

I would suggest you get your hands on a PC with a serial port and try again.

• ilche2002, i know this pkst was some time ago but i have same problem after reflash... "Conn" displayed on box and nothing else happens.. Wondering if u got a solution

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!