Anybody know of this

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 734 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Afternoon Gents
    I've been out of the country for a couple of days and I was streaming from my duo 2
    it was ok for a couple days but then it stopped
    now I'm back home checked my box and it had no internet to the duo2 checked everything and realised it had something to do with my dns account
    I had to generate a key in my dns account and now its back on
    I have a VIP account with dyndns and don't think its dodgy but has anyone else had the same issue is this because I was outside the UK

cheers chaps

• To be honest i would use No-IP or DTDNS, both have a better service and don't treat their customers like idiots.

I've used both with a premium account for the last 5 years and have never once had issues even when i've been outside of the UK.

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• To be honest i would use No-IP or DTNS, both have a better service and don't treat their customers like idiots.

I've used both with a premium account for the last 5 years and have never once had issues even when i've been outside of the UK.

Nano

if i m not wrong no ip had some serius problems some time ago (i m not sure i thing with google)
    i use dyndns for 4 years without any problems

• It only affected the free service domains, none of the paid for Domain services were affected.

I assume you are referring to when Microsoft took out a court order to take control of their free domain servers in order to try and stop malware and virus from being released through people using the free domain servers. If DYNDNS still had free services which they don't there is no reason why it couldn't have happened to them also.

The only reason any issues came about was because the servers that Microsoft used couldn't cope with the traffic. It took No-IP a few days to reverse the court order. This all came about because No-IP refused to give up customer details, in other words they cared about the security of their clients whether free or not.

Its probably the reason that DYN-DNS canned the free service in the first place. They are also considerably more expensive than No-IP or DTDNS for a service which is no better than being offered by their competition.

Nano

• DTDNS is the cheapest and it is one that can be updated from a BT homehub if you use BT so no need to run an updater on your pc or receiver. No-IP is also in the BT router list.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!