General support

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 330 times. The last Post () by codar.

• So I'm looking into buying a vu+ box. I'm choosing this as the majority of people say it's the best. Also I want to have cable system as a backup to my satellite.

So in their site they show the specs of each box.

Ultimo, uno and duo2 all support cable and satellite.... I think, this is where the question comes in. The Ultimo and duo2 have more than one tuner so I understand how they support both. However the uno says that it only has one tuner but supports both... How?
    can someone explain this to me please, S2/C/T

Also in regards to software, I've checked the sub forum and I'm probably going to go with vix or blackhole, I'd want to use mgcamd in assuming vix and blackhole support that

Right now I'm using a (clone) dreambox dm800 hd with open pli which I think is fantastic. But I'll be giving this to my brother, hence me looking for another box, Is buying a vu+ clone ok? Do I use the regular software or does it specifically need to be for a clone?

I saw that you can buy a hybrid tuner that the uno has, is it possible to plug that into another vu+ box?

Random question, I've seen the dreambox clone sub forum, they're are quite a few categories for clone images, we'll they all work with my clone dm800 or does it need to be a specific type of clone? I saw ferrari images and estar, I don't really understand.

Thanks for any help.

However the uno says that it only has one tuner but supports both... How?

The uno has only one plugable tuner slot which can accommodate a sat/dual sat or cable/terrestrial tuner.
    You cannot run both sat and cable/terrestrial from this receiver simultaneously. (so no good for you)

I'd want to use mgcamd in assuming vix and blackhole support that

Mgcamd can be run by both images as far as i know.

Is buying a vu+ clone ok? Do I use the regular software or does it specifically need to be for a clone?

We don't support vu clones here due to sponsorship arrangements.

I saw that you can buy a hybrid tuner that the uno has, is it possible to plug that into another vu+ box?

The hybrid tuner is only for cable and terrestrial and comes in two forms:
    1 dvb-t /c
    2 dvb-t/t2/c
    They will fit the duo2 ultimo and uno respectively.
    Dunno anything about dreamboxes im afraid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!