update dm800se clone from Nemesis v2.3

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,751 times. The last Post () by bsat.

• Hi - I have a 800se for 3 years and never updated firmware. On boot it says:

Bootloader v82
    Sim 2 & 4
    Nemesis v2.3
    Enigma 2.

Devicename: dm800se
    Enigma Version: ramiMAHER-experimental
    Image Version: Release SVN(092), 06-09-2011
    Frontprozessor Version: V1
    Webinterface Version: 1.6.8

Also, I don't have the recovery button on the rear.

I also don't see any option in the web interface to update the firmware.

Can I just take the latest images posted, EG: Any of:

Merlin-3_OE-2.0-dm800se-2014-10-21-ramiMAHER#ssl84D
    BlackHole-2.1.1-dm800se-ramiMAHER#ssl84D
    openld-1.7.0-dm800se-ramiMAHER#ssl84D
    TSimage-3.0-OE-2.0-dm800se-2014-09-28-ramiMAHER#ssl84D

Is there a tutorial on how to update these ?

Do I need to be careful with bootloader versions & SIM versions ?

BTW: Reason to update - I can't play encrypted recordings or live TV over IP web interface (FTA OK. And direct to HDMI TV Ok)

many thanks !!!!! B.

• Using IE browser, flash the bootloader ssl84b & reboot
    Allow boot up ok.... check receiver working!!
    All being ok?
    You can now, using same IE browser flash any of the latest sim2 ssl84d images.

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• EDG Nemesis is one of the most stable images you can get for your receiver. All O.E 2.0 images do on a DM800 is take up all the memory and make it run slow.

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• Open-ATV or Open-Pli-4 images are best IMO
    used with flashexpander or plugin skin mover to store added media plugins/autobouquets etc etc

Thus Allowing the receivers flash memory to run smoothly ;-)

Inspiral

• Hi. Yes it is very stable. I just have problem with playing encrypted recordings over web interface.

Are there any newer edg nemesis images available? Thanks, b.

• I think the last one was sometime in 2012, EDG almost seem to have just stopped updating their images.

I have used OpenPli and OpenLD on mine and they are OK but i always find myself going back to Nemesis. I find the newer images make the receiver a lot slower to respond.

Nano

• You could do full image backup using dflash, tsflashbackup or If you have TSPanel installed you can use the flashbackup plugin , Its under the system tools, there should be an option for image flashbackup.

Can't remember the last time i made an NFI backup. I just set up everything from scratch using FTP and Dreamboxedit. Normally takes me about 10 mins to set an image up from scratch to just the way i like it.

You could also use Barry Allen thinking about it.

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• I might try the same. How do I save my current image so I can restore if needed? Thanks b.

Dflash best mate, other plugins v temperamental
    Using USB or hdd added, do this or it won't work.

Unplug receiver remove coax cable from tuner, restart... go to dfłash plugin,
    Hit backup (green button) path it to your USB/HDD hit ok-ok
    Takes about 10mins to complete

To extract from receiver
    Using DCC media-HDD/USB-backup

• Using IE browser, flash the bootloader ssl84b & reboot
    Allow boot up ok.... check receiver working!!
    All being ok?
    You can now, using same IE browser flash any of the latest sim2 ssl84d images.

Hi, where is the ssl84b bootloader for clone?
    DM800se sim2 84d bootloader: this one says its for original DMM drivers - Can I use this on a clone?
    New dm800se sim2 84c bootloader sim2: This one says the same - for original DMM drivers.

Where can I get a ssl84b from for a clone?

I managed to get the no CA message while playing but luckily managed to recover using dreamup and then able to restore original BL and image that I had backed up....

Thanks for Help - BTW - I can't see the Thanks button to hit.

Another question: Some of the images on this site are links to external servers. My isp must block some servers - how to you all get round this?

Thanks B.!!!

• Ah great - they are hiding a little down the list.
    Regarding the images. Anything lightweight and webtv ip streaming and showing recordings on PC using VLC.
    I'm currently on nemesis v2.3. If you know how to get the latest nemesis file pls let me know. I found some on the net but coultn't get them to work. many thanks, B.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update: I tried
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=62097
    and managed to get the channels working both FTA and via cccam.cfg. however, the cccam channels started to give tuner error and so I could not see them. Are the default setting in cccam.cfg OK. I just added 1 c line at the bottom.
    The web tv interface had also changed with open pli.
    I think I found an image from Inspiral - however on download it was a .zip.exe which seems kind of odd (expect just a .zip of some sort).
    So, I'm still looking for an image where the webtv allows easy streaming and showing recorded TV.
    Thanks, B.

• last first use a vpn or proxie server if you know how.

like the others here i concur that i found the Nemesis images on both my 800 HD and 800SE hd clones worked the best rock solid and never a problem with them, and i used many many other images but none of them even compared to them.

if you can find a work around i would recommend you to do so, i havn't got a link for the bootloader to hand, but if you go to the top of the page and type in the search bar it'll list them for you.

good luck and let us know how you get on.

regards: canthackit

• The open pli from Inspiral is working well. No green screens, channels change quickly. All went well. However, I still can stream (on LAN) using the open webitf. The .m3u file saves to PC. I drag the file to VLC (latest version) and blank screen. The long name with the IP address and port appears in the VLC top bar. Any more config needed for this? Same problem for both recorded TV and live. The channel I want to stream is shown on the TV screen.

I also downloaded a recorded tv show to the PC using web interface. It was just called file (no extension) and didn't play either.

I then manually ftp'ed the .ts file off the box to the PC and still no joy...

Any ideas ? Thanks, B.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!