Image freezing - VDR + Dvbapi + Oscam

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,647 times. The last Post () by bastos.

• Hello

I'm really new to vdr + dvbapi + oscam but after reading many infos about those great softwares from the internet i've made my setup works fairly well expect for the fact that sometimes the image freezes on scrambled channels by a fraction of a seconds.
    I've already tried everything with my limited knowledge but nothing helped.

I don't have a local card I use a newcamd line from a friend of mine, but I have a subscription. Just don't know how to extract the infos needed to read my card locally via oscam. Hope it's not a problem.

Looking at oscam.log I verified that the timing is not even, sometimes the ecm response times are about 400ms and sometimes 1000ms or greater, I don't know if the problem is related to that.

My Setup:

TV Server: HP Microserver N40L
    Tuner: TBS 6285 Quad Tuner (DVB-C)
    VDR: 2.1.6
    VDR Dvbapi plugin: 2.1.1
    Oscam: Build r9982

I'll post my oscam settings/log in hope of someone could help me ;)

oscam.conf

oscam.user

Code
    # oscam.user generated automatically by Streamboard OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn SVN r9982
    # Read more: http://www.streamboard.tv/svn/oscam/trunk/Distribution/doc/txt/oscam.user.txt

[account]
    user                          = vdr
    group                         = 1

oscam.server

oscam.dvbapi

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks

Edited once, last by master G: removing log ().

• Official Post

I removed the oscam log because it reveals the server you are trying to connect to.

There isn`t anything you can change in your configs that will improve ecm time. If you can confirm you have no internet interruptions or other devices using all the bandwidth then the problem is at server level. My guess is it`s an overloaded server or you are too far away from the real card for the share to be stable. Contact the server and ask why the ecm is so high.

What is your own card ? maybe we can help find correct configs for you..

• I removed the oscam log because it reveals the server you are trying to connect to.

There isn`t anything you can change in your configs that will improve ecm time. If you can confirm you have no internet interruptions or other devices using all the bandwidth then the problem is at server level. My guess is it`s an overloaded server or you are too far away from the real card for the share to be stable. Contact the server and ask why the ecm is so high.

What is your own card ? maybe we can help find correct configs for you..

Thank you master, I've forgotten to clean my oscam.log.

I was already suspicious about a server problem.

My subscription is from a local dvb-c provider, they're using nagra 3 and nagra 2 as encryption method.
    As far as I know, to setup my card in oscam I'll need the rsakey and boxkey and this info could only be extracted by a dump of decoders eeprom.

I've been trying to find someone to do the job but can't find anyone. I don't have the technical knowledge to do it myself.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!