Looking for Duo Multiboot V2. Can't find it anywhere!

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,200 times. The last Post () by bluepassat.

• Hi All,

I bought a 5800sx a few weeks ago and stupidly decided to follow Nano's guide and installed Duo Multiboot, not knowing that my box already had a later Multiboot installed (I realised later). I'm looking to reinstall whichever bootloader shows 'n-Hyperion' as one of it's options. I believe this is Duo Multiboot V2 (as apposed to V1 in nano's guide, which is what I have installed currently).

Also, I'm not sure what advantage V2 has over V1, so if anyone could give me some pointers on this too I'd be very grateful.

PS. I think I may have found the V2 zip file over on another Forum, but it says that site registration has been disabled by the admin so I can't download it. What's going on there?

Edited once, last by nano: remove references to payserver forum ().

• The lastest version of duo multiboot v2 is better as it supports Hyperion v4, and has more features

If you want to download any files from a site...you have to post 5 usefull posts

Hope this is of help

I can download from this forum, the problem is that I can't find Multiboot V2 on this forum. I found it on another forum but I can't download it because that forum isn't allowing any new registrations. I don't have an account there, therefore I cannot download it from there. Could someone post a download link here please?

Can someone please help, this is really starting to frustrate me and I could do with a bit of a pointer before I kick this box to pieces in a fit of rage.

Edited once, last by nano: Removed live link to payserver forum ().

• I assume this is the one you are looking for which i found on the site you refereed to.

You use this at your own risk. I no longer own an nBox so i cannot test it so your on your own.

It would also be appreciated if you do not name the other forum here as it is a supporter of payservers which completely goes against the ethics of this forum.

The guide you also refer to was written by Euro Trans not me, all credit goes to the original author.

Nano

• bluepassat

I tried to PM you about your Hyperion V4 backup image on 'another forum' thread but your inbox is full. I'll post my message here. If you could help I'd be very grateful..

" Hi,

I hope you don't mind me messaging you about this issue I'm having with my nBox. I found a 'fully loaded' Hyperion backup over in a thread on another forum (dated oct 2014) and have been trying to get it working but I can't get it to start, and I noticed that stevebee had the same problem as I'm having. I have restored the backup to a USB stick using Hyperion V4 in NAND, I then restart the box and try to start from the USB stick by choosing 'USB1' in my bootloader (multiboot V2). Choosing USH1 doesn't boot at all. The box will then access the USB image (The LED on the usb stick flashes as it's read), the screen of the box gets as far as 'Loading Modules' and then just hangs there.

I know on the other thread stevebee said he got it working, so I'm really hoping you'd have an idea how to get mine working too.

Thanks for any help you can offer. It looks like a great image and is exactly what I'm looking for. I even live in the North West so wouldn't even have to change any settings.

Regards,
    number5 "

- - - Updated - - -

nano

Sorry about that, I wasn't aware that I was breaking the rules but will make sure I don't make the same mistake again. Thanks for the bootloader link :)

• I have had a message off another forum mbr that it all worked ok.....Steve did not post if he got it working or not

When I have time I will restore the image myself to another flash drive to test

But for now, format the flash drive fat 32 then write the image to USB via the nbox...it should format then write the image you then need to boot ush1 if it will not boot it's not been done right

Also try different flash cards it can be picky

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!