SoftCam.Key and AutoRoll.Key on a Linux PC CCCAM Server

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,888 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I’ve followed Ten Below’s tut to setup an Ubuntu cccam server and it is working great. I have noticed on my server’s crontab, there is a scheduled job running to update the keys (/var/script/keyupdater.sh). Looking into the actual script which reveals it is updating SoftCam.Key and AutoRoll.Key from the external sources.
    Can somebody explain to me what are SoftCam.Key and AutoRoll.Key?
    Do I need them?

Also on my Ubuntu cccam server I do not have a card reader attached. But I am using my surplus DM500s to access my card and then share it via my server. Can you see any performance issues by doing this way?

PS: I’m learning a lot from this forum will be asking loads of daft questions soon…lol….thanks guys for hard work running this informative forum. I’m proud to be part of this community.

• Thanks Ten Below for the response and pointers.

I’m currently running a cccam 2.1.4 on my unbuntu server:

Do I have to downgrade to cccam 2.1.3 on the server? does this trick only works on this version?

Is it okay to remove the cccam on dm500 and then install a latest oscam on it?

• hi tdonkey
    i am running Ubuntu 10.04 and CCcam 2.2.1 server in my computer and receive all other servers as well, the problem is that client don't see me online.
    i opened port 12000 in my router and checked my running port in amule which gave hi ID means ok .

• Do I have to downgrade to cccam 2.1.3 on the server? does this trick only works on this version?

Yes m8 ! you need to swap the x.86 file to cccam213 version !

Is it okay to remove the cccam on dm500 and then install a latest oscam on it?

Yes M8 ! Depending on wot card you plan to use you should find pre-configured setup available on the forum in the oscam section !
    All you do then is connect your ubuntu CCcam server to your oscam reader in dm500 with an N line !

As TEN BELOW stated you will then show your local card as hop1 which most people prefer !

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• hello again
    my server is working fine and clients recieve me as well, the problem was the port in router huwaia mt880, i changed the modem and everything's ok.
    just one thing left, i want to use com port in my PC ubuntu server for SSSP reciever and don't know where is the config .
    do i have to add a line in CCcam.cfg or find version of CCcam for that ?
    thanks in advance.

• thank you Ten below

i think you haven't understood my need, i can if i use windows set any or sharing protocols, running Gbox or any program using CCcam in windows is quiet easy, i have two account Gbox running and got 3 servers CCcam and two newcamd servers and used them in HDVB which worked fine but as client then I decided as i'm not having any reciever running under linux to set my own server with a PC LINUX.
    i succeeded with my server because sent my cline for frends for test and saw my friends as clients in my server .
    the problem is that i want to keep my server running online 24h but can profite with my FTE ( no linux ) reciever to access keys from my server set in my linux pc on SSSP protocol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!