DM800SE HD Strange tuner issue

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 675 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi All,

I've had my Dm800se hd clone for about 2 years now, and have been using Openpli2.1 without issue until about a month ago.
    Firstly I started noticing that when I put the unit on standby (not deep sleep) for a min or 2 then turned unit back on
    the no free tuner message was on screen, note no recordings are running...
    The same is now also happening when i play a prevoiusly recorded file (from pvr menu) after 1-2 mins of playback and returning to
    tv the no free tuner message is there (again no recordings running).

Now i notice 2 things when this happens..
    1. The only channels I can view (not greyed out) are the channel 4 Tansponder channels (channel 4, film4 etc).
    2. The network port on switch is going crazy.

If i reboot box all is fine again until i either put in standby or play recorded file.
    I have since switched to a clean openpli 4.0 image but exactly the same behavoiur, i have done a clean scan for channels, updtaed satelite.xml and placed

in etc/enigma2 as well as the tubox folder, i have even gone back to the very 1st openpli2.1 image i had and done factory reset, clean scan,
    satelites .xml, but same issues exist.
    I did do a test to see if same issue exists when a recording is running, and no it seems fine, i can play recording form begining, forward, rewind stop

etc, and unit doesn't moan, like wise if a recording is running and i put unit in standby its fine for duration of recording.

So it seems for some reason the tuner is locking on to a particualr transponder when in idle standby or when playing recording,this is driving me

absolutely nuts to the point that i have ordered another bcm4505 tuner (thinking that it might be HW).
    I have seached the web for similar issue and found many greyed out channel posts but noting like my issue :(

Can anyone help me here please?

• Let us know how you get on with your new tuner.
    From what i have read, they do sometimes pack up and there seems to be a variety of revisions to choose from.
    It may be worth it to check the voltage / current output from the psu as these do give problems also. (trying to power your tuner while powering your hdd)
    Another thing worth checking is your cables for water ingress (been very wet here recently) , lnb , diseqc switches (if any) and dish alignment. (although if a restart and full scan picks up everything then alignment is probably not an issue)
    I wouldn't have any experience with the software side of things.

• Yep as soon as I've tested new tuner will report back, will also check psu in mean time, don't think its the cabling etc its a quad lnb with 2 feeds going elsewhere and they work just fine.
    I just don't know I still have a niggling feeling its software but anyhow I'll see after new tuner comes.

Thanks

• Well new tuner has been installed, but unfortunately same issue :(
    The only other hw that can be swapped out is the psu, hdd & the usb stick, I'm also gonna try Standby deepsleep and see if its ok coming out of it, have also tried leaving channel4 tuned in and then soft standby but ironically that also locked the tuner to 1 transponder (the channel 4 one!! lol).
    I may also try a totally different image for testing, any suggestions other than openpli...
    Infact any other suggestions at all lol........

Thanks in advance.

Just had a thought..... I changed the router/switch the dreambox was connected to about a little while ago, this maybe the cause (I hope!!) only think this because how crazy the switch port goes when tuner goes funny... worth a shot!

Edited once, last by doncyp ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!