Have 2 N lines in Oscam - help please as oscam constantly switches between lines

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,532 times. The last Post () by timbo4000.

• I am using a Technomate TM-Nano2 Super loaded with OpenPLi 3.9.7 and Oscam 9848.

I have a local card and 2 N lines loaded in the oscam.server which all work well with one small problem as follows:

On the channels that I do not subscribe to Oscam switches automatically to the N lines, however it will no stay on any one of the N lines for more than 1 minute, it keeps switching to the other N line and then constantly switching between the two N lines, can someone suggest a solution please so that it stays on one of the N lines ?

Here are my current Oscam config files:

Oscam.user

[account]
    User = DVBApi
    AU = 1
    Group = 8

Oscam.conf

[global]
    nice = -1
    WaitForCards = 1
    preferlocalcards = 1
    logfile = /tmp/oscam.log;stdout
    maxlogsize = 256

[webif]
    HttpPort = 3001
    HttpUser = user
    HttpPWD = password
    httptpl = /var/share/oscam/tpl
    httpcss = /var/share/oscam/tpl/coolstream-to.css
    HttpRefresh = 10
    HttpAllowed = 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.250
    HttpReadOnly = 1

[dvbapi]
    Enabled = 1
    Boxtype = dreambox
    User = DVBApi
    decodeforever = 1
    AU = 1

Oscam.server

[reader]
    label = ***uk
    protocol = internal
    enable = 1
    device = /dev/sci0
    caid = 0963
    boxid = my box ID
    detect = cd
    mhz = 600
    cardmhz = 600
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 8
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    lb_weight = 100

[reader]
    label = N line 1
    protocol = newcamd
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    device = www.www,001
    user = username
    password = password
    group = 8
    audisabled = 1

[reader]
    label = N line 2
    protocol = newcamd
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    device = www.www,001
    user = username
    password = password
    group = 8
    audisabled = 1

• What you have explained is how OSCam works. It sends the request to both servers, which ever one sends the valid ecm back first is the one it uses. When the CW changes it send the request again to both servers and again which ever one replies first again is the one it uses.

• Thanks nano, understand now (I think)

Forgive me for beating around the bush again but is it possible to get Oscam to send the requests to the first server and to set a timeout so that if it doesn't respond or the pictures freezes for example, then after that send the requests to the second server, in other words (if I'm making sense and understand) make it wait longer to get a reply before it moves on to the next server.

The reason I am asking is that I was concerned that Oscam may be sending to many requests to the servers and thus be overloading the suppliers servers, but if that is not going to be an issue then I guess I can just leave it, any comments/feedback appreciated :32_002:

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!