Cccam ecm times different to Oscam ecm times. Which is correct?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,602 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi Lads,

I have been monitoring both Cccam and Oscam ecm times over the last couple of days and they seem to have different values. Cccam values seem to be much higher. Which one would be correct? I have a Cccam/Oscam setups running on my server.

I have been running the graph in oscam/readers all day and have a Max:122/Min:77. All looks fairly normal??

What do ye think of these times? :thumb:

Bean

• CCCam requests ecm from oscam, oscam reads the card, then sends ecm to cccam who in turn sends it to receiver so the times will be different with oscam being lower.
    Times look ok , considering all that's happening with ecm times at the moment.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• Hi,

I asked a question in a previous thread - http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=71409

I have an oscam/cccam install using ubuntu which I have installed on a spare pc I have using omnikey reader. Everything is working fine but I have a few questions after the answer I got in the previous thread.

Can oscam be run on it's own and would this increase ecm times? Can oscam update my entitlements? From what I can gather oscam sends the card details from oscam to cccam very quickly but cccam is slower in sending the card details to my tv boxes. Is this correct or am I completely wrong? I was hoping to cut out the middle man as such.

Thanks in advance

Bean

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!