Quad stuck on boot screen after flashing

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,057 times. The last Post () by exelorator.

• I am trying to flash my box with the latest HDF image, the old image was also a HDF image. about a year old, when i get the prompt to hit OK to flash on the front panel of the receiver all goes as normal and the box reboots, but it stays on the splash screen saying hd freaks boot system, but it never goes any further no matter how long i leave it. I have tried all the USB ports at the rear as well. I have also downloaded the latest vix image for it but it too stays on the splash screen. the USB stick is formatted as fat 32 and has being reformatted every time I tried a different image.

any help or info would greatly appreciated

thanks people.

• I have downloaded and tried several images all to the same outcome, (vix, hdf, openmips) downloaded the image extract it to the root of the USB stick, delete the zip file leaving me with the gigablue folder on it. inserted the USB, powered off the box, rebooted it and waited for the LCD to confirm flash, hit OK on the front of the box and all goes good and it reboots itself but doesn't get past the splash screen, also tried different usb ports on the receiver. at the minute I am doing a complete reformat of the usb stick using hp formatting tool to see if it makes any difference.

thanks for all the help so far.

• any ideas where i could get an old image I usually the delete the old ones, taught id never need them again.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry about this I always taught the latest bootloader would be in the image, so i have to install it myself is that correct, and if the an old image works where do i ftp the latest bootloader to.

thanks

• Have you another usb stick that you can try to flash the image with? just a thought...... it wouldn't be the first time that someone has had a similar problem and used a certain usb stick to flash their box many times successfully, but all of a sudden it just won't do the job anymore......

Also try the attached program to format the usb stick first before copying the file over to it.

• thanks mkee but that's the tool I used.
    anyway i have an update. i got power board enigma installed (gbquad-PBnigma-VX-2.0-7-20130323_usb) after trying a lot of different images after that
    I installed the latest boot-loader from here: http://image.openmips.com/2.0/index.php?open=loader. Downloaded the latest HD freaks image and installed it's all going good so far, the box rebooted itself and again it got no further than the splash screen again. So went back an re-installed Power Board engima and that's what I'm on at the moment. I am at loss as to why the images wont install but at least I'm up and running again. from what i can research on the web this has happened to other people to, but could not locate a fix for it. Ill keep looking and researching and if i find any answers il post them in this thread.

thanks for the help guys

• Hi guys, got exactly same issue as u bacon_&_cabbage, some plugins weren't working etc so tried to flash latest hd freaks image, gets stuck in boot screen after flash, tried numerous images same outcome, had Ben looking for later bootloader but couldn't find new was at or am at total loss, got one backup on here to work by prekon, no good for me though
    Anyone any further ideas would be appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Just goes to show if you read posts properly lol was indeed bootlaoder maybe bacon had tried same as me bootloader 4.1 hence 4.2! images wouldn't load, got beta 4.2 loader and installed image no probs, the rar archive is password protected also, mine being gb quad was gbquadonly (password)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!