Unlimited BT Infinity 2 & Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 782 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I'm just about to cut over from BT Broadband Option 3 to Unlimited BT Infinity 2 Fibre Broadband, they sent me the Home Hub 5 but I'm more than happy using my Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H running custom DD-WRT firmware set up just how I like it, I asked the guy at
    BT and he said my Modem/Router is compatible with BT Infinity 2 Fibre Broadband.......I didn't like to ask too many questions with regards to CS so I just left it at that.
    My question to any other members who are using BT Infinity 2 Fibre Broadband with a non BT Modem/Router......Will it just work without any tweaking.
    What I mean is will I get home from work on Tuesday and have lightning Broadband without me having to adjust anything in the Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H Modem/Router.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks for the reply Stevejo, so are you saying the Home Hub 5 will be better suited to my needs ?
    I'm not exactly sure what VDSL means, I have Googled it but it's as clear as mud....So are you saying I can't use my Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H with the new BT Infinity 2 Fibre Broadband.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late one.

• If you do upgrade to a Home Hub 5 hang on to your white fibre modem bud....... I went from a Home Hub 4 to a 5, my own experience is that the fibre modem which is now built into the 5 overheats, a lot! every night without fail my HH5 will reboot itself, and when you touch it when this happens it is hot, very hot......

I've been trying the HH5 connected through the fibre modem I used with the 4 and so far so good..... been onto BT etc but a waste of time tbh. The hub would have to be broken before they would consider replacing it. I did speak to a BT engineer regarding this problem, he actually told me that the HH4 has the fibre modem built in also but BT decided not to use it as it was not up to "standard"

@ lammy, I've never used a Buffalo modem, but if it has a connections on the rear for fibre/cable (ie connection from a white BT fibre modem which you can pick up on fleabay very cheap) then there should be no reason why you can't use it. Although from any images I've seen on google of the rear connections of the buffalo it only seems to have a connection for adsl..... The Home Hub 5 is very good for this hobby, very easy to setup etc...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!