DM800 HD se Estar V3.0 Clone flashing problem

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,820 times. The last Post () by wauzestyle.

• Hello all,

Iam new here on the form so I would also like to say hello to everybody.

I have a strange issue when I want to flash my DM800hd se Estart V3.0 simcard.

I had flashed months ago open plc from estar website. All work well.

Last days I have try to update this to open plc 4.0 from plc website and convert this with converter 4.00. When converting starts it ask bootloader [8427] okay? I click OK and conversion has successfully ended.

Now I went back to my dreambox to reboot then en hold power button. It gets to stop bud doesn't resolve an dhcp client ip from my Windows server 2012 dhcp server.

I start download dream up from estar website. When I boot the dreambox with dream up it will start in serial mode and have an ip a dress.

When I am going to dreambox www root I see in the underline of the page SSL#79. When I am booting normally the display of the dreambox says bootloader #84.

I have flashed the converted open pli 4.0 image. After finishing flashing the box doesn't boot up when it's reading flash.

Now I really like to flash the open pli 3.0 from estar website back on it but whit no luck. With every possibility it's will keep saying invalid image or older version.

Could it be that this has something to do with the updated bootloader to 8427? I have also tried to flash the SSL84 file from estar website first before flashing image again but get same message invalid image. Also with dream rescue manual and transfer trough usb uart getting same messages like described above.

I really love this box and hope I can get this to work again.

All answer and options are welcome.

• Try one of the images from here -> DM800SE Clone Estar Images, with Dreambox Optiflasher.

Flash an ssl4 image, don`t reboot yet, now flash the ssl84 bootloader and reboot.

Hi,

thank you for the quick reply on this! i have try yesterday 4 hour with trying to flash this images you gave me. Unluckaly without anny succes. all the image flash try's give me a message back "IMAGE INVALID" . Only with the newnigma image something else happen. when the image has been uploaded to the box the box sundenly start with a reboot and will try to boot from flash.

When i start the box with dreambox optiflasher USB/Serial to load the flashing image it will give me an ip adres i have entered in the optiflasher. Iam also able to open a webpage from the box where i can also upload a image. In the bottom of this screen it say bootloader #79 but bootloader #84 is installed. Is this because i have booted from optiflasher?

iam not undearstanding why i cannot load the images from the estar website of other that normaly should work..

This is not possible anymore since i have try to flash the latest OpenPLI4.0 Converted with estar converter 4.0. Converter give me a message Bootloader 8427.

Hope someone have a smart idea about this.

regards and thank you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!