Wher to buy Amiko mini hd?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 791 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Get something else and don't burden yourself with the displeasure of owning one ¬
    Many suggestions on here re the board sponsor ?:bravo:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Why. Are they that bad.

my understanding is something to do with SH4 chips instead of Broadcom _ And the drivers available for them _
    My belief is that their similar to the ill fated TM800 _
    Perhaps thats why they have two versions of the operating system !
    Thats my tattersbury take on it cos i know its not a real answer if someone just says thay rubbish _

i'm sure someone with a more technical knowledge might point out the errors of my thinking <

:rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I think it depends on what the original poster is referring to.

If its just the HD Mini then it runs closed source firmware not Enigma.

The main issue with a lot of plugins for Enigma on the Alien boxes are that they aren't written for the SH4 chipset that the Amiko E2 capable boxes use. The plugins and most of the images have to reverse engineered to make them work with that box. I'm sure certain ones have been written from the ground up for SH4 based boxes, but which ones i don't know.

They are more problematic than MIPS based boxes but if you can put up with a few crashes here and there then you may like the Alien box.

As for where too get the box, the main retailler is Lavatronics. Can't say that i would recommend them as i had an absolutely horrendous experience with them when they tried to shaft me with a knackered Alien 2. If you do decide to buy from them make sure you use either Paypal or a credit card so if things do go wrong at least you can get your money back fairly easily.

Nano

• I still wouldn't buy from the lava cowboys even if they were the only sellers left on the planet. :shocker:

And that i agree with you on :haha:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!