Please help a relative noob set up Prismcube Ruby box - Sly UK

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 897 times. The last Post () by levi45.

• Hi all, i'm looking for help in setting up a Prismcube Ruby on Sly UK, i bought it second hand from a guy who had it running but removed all of his setup and returned it to factory settings before handing box over.

It's running Blackhole 2.1.3 and i'm struggling to pick up more than 199 channels when scanning 19.2 and 28.2 satellites, most of which are multiple ITV BBC and CH4 or just plain unusable

I've moved from an F3 box which i've had for over a year and managed to keep up with.

I've tried importing Enigma 2 settings and it shows as successful, but i'm still struggling to get premium stuff to scan correctly. The LNB is standard dual output (correct me here if i'm wrong) that was installed with a proper SLY+ setup previously.

I'm not totally thick with this type of stuff, but this box has me beaten.. i've spent about 5 days trying to the point where I think there maybe an issue with the tuner itself (or just my idea of what I have and how it should be setup)

Any input would be appreciated, I hope i've given as much info as needed

Many thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

It appears 2.1.3 has a channel update bug, i'll be installing 2.1.2 or another later to try, and I will post results in case any else has a similar issue

• Thanks Lev,

I downgraded to 2.1.2 yesterday but still struggling with channels to be honest, i'm not sure of the correct procedure and there doesn't seem to be a lot of info for a newbie to follow so i'm just plodding on trying different things

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!