May I ask a few questions please ? Poor signal on Channel 4 HD

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,003 times. The last Post () by hooley.

• I am trying not to post here as I like to try to find out for myself but there is such an overwhelming amount of information on here (and out there) that my head is spinning now. I apologize if they have been asked before, I have tried to search for the answers.

Ok I have a openbox s10, to start with with was choosing 2 astra satellites (19.x and 28.2) and the eurobird one for my scan. All this does is give me over a 1000 channels and looks like they just repeat themselves 3 times ?

1) am I better off just scaning one ? say the 28.2 ? ( I have a fixed communal dish).

2) No matter what I do, I do not have Channel 4 HD, I do believe it's available on FTA now or am I wrong ? If so can I add it manually and if so how ?

3) Is there any windows based software to organize the channels once i've scanned them ? I only really want the main ones and a few others but it gets tiring doing it all on the remote. I don't really need the scrambled channels yet (I know I can do a scan and not include them) but i'd like them for later on once i've sussed all this cccam stuff out.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Oh and I am a complete newb to this, although I have PC experience I am still only just understanding all the lingo !

• Hi mate,"you have a fixed communal dish".Is it fixed to 28.2 perhaps?You will not be able to scan multi sats with a fixed dish unless it has multi lnb's,this is why you are getting the channel lists reproduced 3 times.If you want to scan a number of different sat's then you will need either a motorised satellite dish or as i said above a fixed dish with multi lnb's.
    You will find openbox channel editors in the "openbox tools section" Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

Channel 4 hd is ---12607v 27500

• Thanks Bigcheeks, I was just watching the blind scan and the 12607v 27500 comes up as fail ! Grrr ! I assume this is something to do woth the dish ?
    Many Thanks for the reply :)

• kemestri, I don't have that option in the menu. I took my box round my friends house and it picks up Channel 4 fine there, so it has to be the dish on the roof or the cable that runs down (about 150 feet through boosters). I'll just have to hope that it's the dish and one of the neighbours complains !
    Thanks for replying :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!