vu solo + networking issues

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 684 times. The last Post () by irradiated.

• Hi, until a few days ago all was fine and dandy but now anything that requires network access doesnt work, you tube for instance
    i use a solo connected to a homeplug to bt homehub but i also tried cat5 cable direct to the router and it made no difference
    the solo shows up in the router settings, i can ping it from a pc, network test on the solo is ok and i can connect via dreambox edit and ftp etc
    apart from this it works great but i cant understand the sudden change, any ideas?

• Yes bt is ****e I know as im with them ,mines the same, have you got the home hub 5, i have and everything seems to lag chronic, up untill about 2 weeks ago everything worked perfect, used to to get 32mb down 5up, after 2 bt engineer visits I get 20 down 3 up if I'm lucky, it's somthing to do with bt pal

• is it maybe a dns issue? homehubs always seem to have an issue with that every now and again, if you can get your hands on another router just to check?
    Ive had infinity for years but wouldnt use a homehub, they are too locked down and the firmware upgrades are a joke, check when the last auto firmware update was and if your issues started around that time, i bet they did.

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• i built my own router using ipcop, it has an Intel Atom CPU D2700 @ 2.13GHz with 2gig of ram and a OCZ-VECTOR150 120gig ssd and connected a tp-link something or other as an access point.
    Some may call it overkill lol

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• thanks guys, i didnt know you could use any router with BT, thought it was locked down to make you use theirs, might look into getting another to test it out but cheers for the input :)
    for info 26/04/14 was last update so cant be that

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!