vu+duo recording issues and advice

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 984 times. The last Post () by andrewg1.

• Hi Folks
    I owned a vu+duo and recently I fitted a 750gb WD caviar blue HDD in the box. Its recording ok but the problem am having with it is that it only enables me to view some other channels while recording and others are disabled . I was just wondering if its normal or their is a fix for it.

thank you guys in advance

regards
    Andrew

VU+DUO2 WITH WD Caviar Blue 700GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
    MOTORISED DISH 1.1 M , SINGLE LNB , DARK SUPERIOR MOTOR

• Hi Stevejo I have only tuner A configured as I don't have a fixed dish. With the recording i find it a bit weird because am recording only 1 channel and suddenly it appears to disable most of the channels and leaves me with only a few to watch.

VU+DUO2 WITH WD Caviar Blue 700GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM

• Hi Mckee25 .. I have cam 2.011 installed and I have not tried to record more than two channels yet.. once I tried with one and I encountered this problem I stopped the recording.

• IF you dont have a fixed dish it doesnt matter as long as you have a twin lnb on the motorized dish and 2 feeds to the box you will have usuals on tuner a and tuner b will be set as the second cable of tuner a , if you are at 28e you can watch and record a different one , and the same for every sat you go to , or record 2 but then you will have greyed out channels due to polarization , its not like freeview where you can have 4 tuners to one feed

- - - Updated - - -

If its not that they are greyed out then you need to look at the route Mckee is on where you need to find if you can record free channels or if its premium itll be who provides you channels

• Hi Mckee25 .. I have cam 2.011 installed and I have not tried to record more than two channels yet.. once I tried with one and I encountered this problem I stopped the recording.

Ok the reason I asked is that with the newer images BH & ViX etc when changes where made regards the kernel version only CCcam 2.3.0 will work to be able to watch a premium channel & record another..... try the recording of two fta channels first, if that works then change the cam to 2.3.0

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thank you Guys .. I will try and give you some feedback tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

[quote='mckee25','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=242353#post242353']Ok the reason I asked is that with the newer images BH & ViX etc when changes where made regards the kernel version only CCcam 2.3.0 will work to be able to watch a premium channel & record another..... try the recording of two fta channels first, if that works then change the cam to 2.3.0[/QUOTE

Hi Mate
    Just tried recording two channels (bbc 2 and bbc 3 ) and the problem remains the same. only a few fta remains active but not the premium ones. I also installed cccam 2.30 but without luck.
    I will try and do some more reading about it maybe there is something that I missed when I fitted the HDD and will get back to you guys once problem solved.

I would like to thank you both stevejo and Mckee25 for your support.

regards

Andrew

• How have you got your tuner configuration setup buddy?

configuration mode: simple
    Mode : positioner
    longitude: xxx.000 west
    latitude: xxx.200 north

- - - Updated - - -

sorry and tuner B - not configured

• If you only have one feed coming from the dish to your box then with the setup you have you will only be able to record two channels broadcasting on the same transponder...... that's why your seeing a lot of channels greyed out when you start to record......

If you can consider changing the single lnb to a twin, and run a second feed through to your box... will open up a lot more options for you.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• thank you for the info .. I will look into it as soon as I get some time and feedback. Again thank you all

regards

Andrew

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!