Champions OpenATV 4.2 17/12/2014 Based Image

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,410 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Hi all

I've just redone the image from scratch once again. There were too many incremental updates, sometimes it's better to restart afresh

Here's a link to my complete OpenATV based Image. It's been made from OpenATV 4.2 from 17/12/2014

http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

This image is working with the following plugins and bits working:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG (0.62), Various Skins, Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam v9989 with v10078 also included (blank with sample line), OpenWebIf, Streaming, SambaServer, RTEPlayer, TS Media and XBMC Addons. CrossEPG is also flushed out once a week. This image uses the bundled OpenATV EPG.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Please READ the "Champions OpenATV Image - README" located in the download folder.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below

• Image is rock solid man, great work!

There were a few updates available today, mostly to do with kernel, tried updating it there and it won't reboot for me. Not a problem for the moment as Ill just load your backup again, just making you aware of it.

• guys dont update open atv with sh4 machines, it doesnt work as it should and can cause boot loops, slow down etc

thats why championc has started a fresh with the latest nightly on the day he did it

the reason being is the spark platform just cant do it but mips can,thats why it is not in sh4 HDMU images

• Hi All

I loaded the image on my amiko yesterday. I FTP a new sly skin and all seems quicker. I will keep an eye for a week or so to see if the box slows down. The cross epg took a little longer than normal. but I will also keep an eye on that too.

• guys dont update open atv with sh4 machines, it doesnt work as it should and can cause boot loops, slow down etc

thats why championc has started a fresh with the latest nightly on the day he did it

the reason being is the spark platform just cant do it but mips can,thats why it is not in sh4 HDMU images

Good to know, thanks!

• HI Champion c

all working well still with the image well after a week. Only some small niggles. On the epg it takes a long time to open. when it did open the text was hard to read but I changed the number of rows and removed graphics from the menu. when you are on epg there is now picture in the top right of the screen. its just white. the other issue is there is no saorview menu there. while that was no hassle i just created a new folder called saorview and added them in there. changed the reboot channel. its still running my own sly skin with no issues. cache flush is always around the 20 - 26 % when cleared.

• HI Champion c

all working well still with the image well after a week. Only some small niggles. On the epg it takes a long time to open. when it did open the text was hard to read but I changed the number of rows and removed graphics from the menu. when you are on epg there is now picture in the top right of the screen. its just white. the other issue is there is no saorview menu there. while that was no hassle i just created a new folder called saorview and added them in there. changed the reboot channel. its still running my own sly skin with no issues. cache flush is always around the 20 - 26 % when cleared.

ok do us a favour turn saorview off and see how the epg is, i think its the epgdata from that that causes the problem

as for the picture top right, you say you loaded your own sly skin, yours or someone elses ? i suspect theres a render missing or the .py file is taking over first from the .pyo file that you tried to replace so the .py will need to be deleted, but without knowing what you loaded it would be hard to tell exactly

also try another skin see if the picture comes up

- - - Updated - - -

New to this so please bare with me! Loaded image ftp my oscam server all ok but cant get xbmc or ts media to work any clues

id give up on both,most of tsmedia is blocked and takes a lot of system resources up and the xbmc plugin has been replaced with the kodi plugin

• [quote='pauldb','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=250938#post250938']ok do us a favour turn saorview off and see how the epg is, i think its the epgdata from that that causes the problem

as for the picture top right, you say you loaded your own sly skin, yours or someone elses ? i suspect theres a render missing or the .py file is taking over first from the .pyo file that you tried to replace so the .py will need to be deleted, but without knowing what you loaded it would be hard to tell exactly

also try another skin see if the picture comes up

thanks for that. yes its not my sly skin one that was downloaded but only gets the white with this new atv 4.2. I will try another one see how that goes. sometimes the box is very slow when it comes out of standby and if you re boot everything seems to come back. im wondering is it a cache issue.

• Hi thanks for the image, was getting along just fine then a fault caused me to reload E2 image and this time round its gone mental.... if i switch it on and leave it its fine but if i press any key on the remote it becomes unresponsive and gets stuck flashing parts of the menu up but i never acheive to open the menu.. any ideas??

• Hi thanks for the image, was getting along just fine then a fault caused me to reload E2 image and this time round its gone mental.... if i switch it on and leave it its fine but if i press any key on the remote it becomes unresponsive and gets stuck flashing parts of the menu up but i never acheive to open the menu.. any ideas??

yeh give up on the openatv, untill some one says its stable or doesnt slow down then maybe ill go back to it

its like a fully loaded Bently but without the engine useless but then thats my view

• i use a version of pkt 4.5 modded with the cable epg ,but the backup is on another forum ,the alien does have problems with saorview on certain images (couldnt tell you which ones as i dont use it) as for clines you have to use that through oscam

• yeh give up on the openatv, untill some one says its stable or doesnt slow down then maybe ill go back to it

its like a fully loaded Bently but without the engine useless but then thats my view

argh man its any enigma i try im getting so frustrated with this box another 80 notes id have had a lovely shiney vu+

- - - Updated - - -

it's like your doing your thing then the box pops a spinner up sayin its busy but as far as i can tell doin nothin lol then 10 min later oooh works again... I must have done something real evil 1 time and this is payback

• is hdmu as easy to install as open tv. do you just load it in the same way and add plugins.
    the latest image is good works well but after a few days slows down to the point where you dont need to reflash but you do need to turn off for 2 mins turn on then its fast again. im not sure why. the hdd is always on too flashing as if its working and i cant figure out why

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!