Best box for a newbie

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 756 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Could anyone recommend a good sly like starter box.I started with a f5s to get a basic idea and then got a vu+ solo2 se.
    However I am struggling with it and would like something similar i.e. twin tuner but a bit easier to setup and use.
    Any advice would be great.Thanks and all the best everyone.(hope i have posted in right place)

Edited once, last by ttoons ().

• Best advice is to try learn and ask when stuck because all e2 boxes are similar in setup and not all that bad when you get going you can flash install cams on them and be going in under 10 mins once you have done it a few times , and a saving grace is the making of a backup of your own setup in case you run into trouble playing about you can be at where you were in minutes , the best thing you can do is keep at it , the vix image is about the best for starting out and staying on to be honest

• Ok m8 cheers for advice.I had it set up with BH but couldn't get it to record another channel ie watch bbc and record sly sports.
    I then tried to flash vix but it rebooted with BH and I lost all my EPG and internet connection.
    Got me thinking maybe I need a box a little easier to setup!

• Im assuming this is the clone box were talking about the solo 2 mini se , if you flashed it with vix your going to need to speak to the people you got it from or try get your money back , if you can do this buy a genuine box no matter the make , there are technomates under 200 but the one i would advise to try is the miraclebox premium ultra ,even above a solo 2 , it will be well worth the money spent as opposed to throwing good money for bad

• Ok.It's A solo2 se and yes I now know it's a clone.However I didn't manage to flash it with vix as it rebooted as BH.
    I've shelved it for now and went back to my old f5s(it will have to do)
    I will have another run at it in a week or two.(stand by for loads of questions!)
    Until then thanks for your advice and merry xmas.

• Try find a clone safe image for it you might get a link from the seller , it might also need the boot loader done again also you should be able to salvage it , but if you are able to return it it b better for you ,Merry Christmas to you also !

:thumb:

• Ok.It's A solo2 se and yes I now know it's a clone.However I didn't manage to flash it with vix as it rebooted as BH.
    I've shelved it for now and went back to my old f5s(it will have to do)
    I will have another run at it in a week or two.(stand by for loads of questions!)
    Until then thanks for your advice and merry xmas.

Sorry buddy, but due to our current sponsorship terms we do not support Vu clones here..... thread closed.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!