Problem with network and subnet under vmware 8 with oscam and Ubuntu 11.04

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 916 times. The last Post () by vince_est.

• Hi everybody,

Here's my problem.
    I have 2 dreamboxes, a 800hd running oscam as server and a 500S running cccam as a client.
    I configured a linux server under ubuntu 11.04 with oscam just for fun.
    It worked very well.
    I decided to use a virtual machine on my computer under Windows 7 Ultimate.
    I installed Vmware Workstation 8 and Ubuntu 11.04.
    Everything is working fine. I configured my Infinity USB phoenix and oscam and both are communicating.
    My problem is that I can't make the link between my dreamboxes and my virtual machine.
    My network ip's are 192.168.1.X. The network controller is configured on "Bridged" under Vmware.
    My virtual machine' s IP is 192.168.175.X.
    I've read that it's possible to make a virtual machine communicate directly on the network (so I think that my dreamboxes could receive information from my oscam server) by using bridged configuration (or NAT as I read on a vmware tutorial) but I don't know how...
    I tried to enter my host machine 's IP on the dreambox (192.168.1.32) or my virtual machine's IP (192.168.175.26) but it failed.
    When I use a ping command on my host machine with 192.168.175.26, it answers.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you

• Official Post

Your virtual machine' s IP address 192.168.175.X is outside your network range 192.168.1.X.

You need to configure DHCP to assign an IP address within your range.

Configuring the DHCP Server on a Windows Host

On a Windows host, use the virtual network editor to configure the DHCP server (Edit > Virtual Network Settings > DHCP).

Select the virtual network for which you want to change settings and click Properties.

Make the desired changes, then click OK.

• I tried everything but nothing worked. I've deceided to install Virtualbox instead of vmware and everything is ok now. I don't know what happened...
    My virtual machine is responding on my network (I only had to select "Bridged" in the configuration menu and to change the DHCP values).
    Thank you very much for you help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!