Server not working within network

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 331 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi guys I'm sitting here cracking up I have changed network providers to EE and I can't get my receiver to connect to the server. My other peers are showing up online on my server. I have checked connections etc. I have even issued a new c line to myself but still no joy. I'm guessing it's to do with the network provider as there was no problems until the switch over. If anybody has any ideas of how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

• Are you using your dns in your line?
    Did you get a new router from your new provider?
    If so, try replacing your dns in your line with your server's internal ip (192.168.x.xxx)
    Your dns may not work within your network due to NAT loopback settings (i think), some routers have this disabled as a security feature

• Codar i think it is to do with the router not allowing loop back as I can see my peers are showing online and I'm showing off line.

Stevejo you're right the ee router is **** that is why I have spent all day trying to get an asus router working.

• Thats what i was on about, may not have made myself clear.
    Try replacing the dns part of your line (if your using your dns in your internal lines)with your servers internal network ip. (only on lines within your local network)
    EG:
    C: my.dns.com 12000 user passwd
    C: 192.168.x.xx 12000 user passwd
    (where the 192.168.x.xx is your internal server ip)

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• Sorry guys I didn't get back to you's but I got it working just took the ee router and threw it out the window lol. I'm now using an asus router with a adsl with modem. Codar was 100% with the ee router having the loop back on it.

Thanks again guys

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!