DreamBoxEdit Re-importing Exported Bouquets Problem

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,705 times. The last Post () by Bunteros.

• I am using DreamBoxEdit ver 4.1.00. I have exported my bouquets file using "export all bouquets in Excel readable format". After editting the bouquets I re-import the editted text file using "Re-import exported bouquet file". The file imports with 0 errors reported and I can see all my changes have been made okay. When I try to FTP the editted bouquets to my VU+ Duo receiver I am told I must save my data but when I press save I get an error message in German which says "Ungultiger Dateiname" which I think means Invalid Filename. If I try the "Save As" option it doesn't give me any clues about what file extension to use. I have tried ".txt" but that doesn't work. Can anybody tell me what sort of file it is looking for please?

Bunteros

• Thanks for the reply. However, I am unable to do any sort of save at all. After re-importing the previously exported txt file if I press "save" I get the "Ungultiger Dateiname" error message. I am unable to ftp my editted data to the receiver until I have done the save.

If I do the editting inside DreamBoxEdit I have no problems saving and ftping. I had originally loaded ver 3.0.0.0 of DBE and had the same problem except the error message was in English.

Bunteros

• I had a very large number of changes to do and I figured I could do them more quickly and more easily with Excel as I am more familiar with it.

I used the export facility in DBE to export all my bouquets to an Excel-readable text file, loaded that into Excel, saved the data as a .xls file, made all my changes and then saved to disk as a .txt file. I then used the import facility to load that last saved .txt file back into DBE and found that DBE showed all my changes as having been done. I was then unable to save that changed data in DBE using either the "save" or "save as" options.

I think I have now found a workaround to my problem: when I re-import the .txt file to DBE, I chose ftp -> send files to dreambox, reply "No" to "Do I want to save files to disk" and then something is transferred across to the VU+. If I then reboot the VU+ I find that my bouquets have NOT been updated. However, in DBE I am now able to press "save" and the changed data is saved to disk. If I then reload that changed data into DBE I can successfully ftp it to the VU+ and upon rebooting the VU+ my bouquets now have been updated. I hope that rather convoluted explanation is a little bit clear!

Thanks to both of you for taking an interest in my problem.

Bunteros

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!