Setting up cardsharing for the first time after first failure attempt :(

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 819 times. The last Post () by babloo_66.

• once upon a time I tried to setup the card sharing with ubuntu but it came to a point where the card was not able to pair
    as I was told the new cards come pre paired and it wasn't possible anymore, thanks to the help of thatfellow :)

I would like to start again with this mission to have it running this time as a few friends said it would be nice to share
    one between ourselves

as its been nearly a year now or longer It would be nice to be redirected to a guide from where I can start
    I have a windows 7 laptop should I download Ubuntu on there, or should I install it onto a desktop

sorry everyone for being such a noob

• Official Post

If you purchase a new subscription from sly the card will still come paired to their official HD receiver. You would need to pair the card to an old standard definition model to be able to use it in any third party receiver or card reader..

The setup guide you need for a ubuntu server is here -> Tutorial - Ubuntu Server 11.10, 12.xx, 13.04 x32/x64 - Auto Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install

• thanks for your reply master G, so how do I go about pairing it to an old SD box and does it have to be a special one as I was once told it had to be a Thomson something

• eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr f8:a9:63:c5:ba:cb
    BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU 1500 METRIC: 1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes: (0.0 B)

lo Link encap: Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask: 255:0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
    RX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:1184 (1.1 KB) TX bytes:1184 (1.1 KB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 18:cf:5e:70:7e:2d
    BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU 1500 METRIC: 1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes: (0.0 B)

im trying to connect it to the internet using the Ethernet hard wired to the router but im getting this

• Official Post

I`m assuming you have set a static ip address on the ubuntu ? Looks like the router can`t assign one.. Put DHCP back on and connect the ethernet cable again, then set a static ip address for the ubuntu in the router settings..

Extract then FTP interfaces file to /etc/network folder (overwrite existing file). Then restart networking components in terminal / telnet..

Code
    sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
  • my dhcp is switched on my router I think ive attached my dhcp page
    ive been following the guide up until the putty so I haven't started the automatic script
    I hate my router its so complicated to do anything with it

- - - Updated - - -

any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

would signing up to become a vip make it easier for me to over come this problem?

• You will still get the same answers , you dont get any less help because you didnt pay , but you may get help with teamviewer as a last resort as vip but this still isnt a card server setup service so dont assume it will be a ticket to sit back and have everything done

• need your belkin f/number to get all you Screenshots ,before we can help to port/wd or get your router to recognize the server

• sorry stevejo I understand exactly what you mean, just this bit of the process I cant seem to understand
    busman the Belkin f number is F5D8635-4 v1
    many thanks

• ok mate click on DHCP Client List 3d down, once you have the interface reboot your server give it time if you dont see the server by name or ip click Refresh you should be able to see new ip of server,apply changes click on firewall to p forward ,tick enble /description server name/ inpound port 12000 or whatever/type tcp/private ip server ip/private port 12000 or whatever apply changes thats it

• sorry busman but there doesn't seem to be any changes or any ip addresses which are changing when turning server off on,
    Ethernet is connected properly and working fine but no luck whatsoever. is there anything I need to do on the server after logging in

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!