Mgcamd help on Amiko Alien 2 running Open ATV 4.2

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,465 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi all,

I have spent quite some time reading forum posts and it really is a wealth of information. I hope you can help me with my problem as I am new to card sharing.

I have an Amiko Alien 2 running Open ATV 4.2 and I am trying to get mgcamd working. I have installed mgcamd 1.35a on the box. I have an nline which is in the format "CWS = server port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14" I have copied the newcamd.list and mg_cfg files to the var/keys and also usr/keys directory. When I then go into softcam panel V2.0 I select mgcamd as cam 1 but when I try and start it it just says no ECM info. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this? I have my mg_cfg file details below.

Thanks for your help.

• is this in your newcamd.list file

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
    CWS = server port name password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1

and reboot stb

also check your file locations im sure open atv is a bit different

also box type in your config file, im sure openatv uses dreambox ,i know they do in the oscam.cfg, which is against the grain for the alien

• I shall try both suggestions in the morning. Thank you both.

- - - Updated - - -

No luck with either I am afraid. Tried Pauls adjustments to newcamd.list and also tried the steps with oscam suggested by master. Still cant get any ECM info when I try and start.

- - - Updated - - -

I see an OSCAM log has been created. I have attached it in case its of help to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Now attached

- - - Updated - - -

Code
    [account]
    user = linuxsatsupport
    group = 1
  • well i can tell you your oscam.server file is wrong you have mgcamd mixed in with cccam

if you are using openatv with the alien did you install the softcam feed, that will give you the correct files needed and be able to download the files from the plugin menu

then the only thing you need to edit then is the oscam.server file NO others need to be changed

• Thanks Paul, this is really driving me nuts for the last few days.

So at this stage, i should forget about mgcamd and stick with trying oscam only?

You say I have mixed mgcamd and cccam in the server file which is probably due to me trying both methods. Can you point out where these mix ups are so i know what to change?

Yes I installed the softcam feed. I assume this just adds the softcams option to the plugin downloads section? If so, then I have this option available in plugins download menu and I installed OSCAM 9705.

• ok so you have installed the feed, i presume its the sh4 one and not the mips one

now you need to find via ftp the location of your oscam files, there should be 4 of them and the folder should be called oscam 9705 if thats the one you installed (seem a old one to me though)

ok just looked at the feed and there is no 9705 so you have install the wrong feed ,that may be your problem

goto plugins and remove the feed you have installed reboot then

install this one iv attatched then reboot

goto plugins and install oscam-monthly

then get back to us

• Hi Paul, so heres the latest.

I installed a fresh new Open ATV image on the box just to start from scratch. I then installed softcam feed using the ipk that you provided and downloaded Oscam Monthly 9963 which was the only monthly one showing.

ftp into usr\keys\oscam monthly and copied my oscam.server file below into this folder, overwriting the one that was there. I did not touch any other files.

I think i have had a little progress in that when i go into server info in oscam after starting it, it picks up the server ip address but line is in red as below and i have no ECM info. You mentioned previously that there were errors in my server file. Can you point out what they are if you dont mind?

4970f71a0164ce6c7bbeacb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the line that I have pulled my info from originally.

CWS = server 13344 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

- - - Updated - - -

I have also tried using the default server file that came with oscam monthly and editing it with my details but still nothing

Edited once, last by Harcrid ().

• ok your oscam.server is wrong

[reader]
    label = newcamd_server
    enable = 1
    protocol = newcamd
    device = blablabla.dyndns.org,66666
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    user = user
    password = password
    group = 1

try this

[reader]
    label =server
    description = Newcamd
    protocol = newcamd
    device = server,port
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    user = user
    password = password
    caid = 0963
    ident = 0000:000000
    group = 1
    audisabled = 1

of course with you details subbed

• yeah its extremely puzzling. and annoying. Rebooted, Restarted cam and waited but still nothing. I wonder if it would be worth trying a new image other than Open ATV because I am a loss as to what to do next.

Is the fact that there is no new ECM info an indication of something wrong? Do my client and server status in green above look normal?

• For the benefit of anyone else who may read this thread and have a similar problem, in my case I had to get my ISP to open the port and it worked then.

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!