Is the duo2 worth the extra£££

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 933 times. The last Post () by scooterbuk.

• Is the vu duo2 worth the extra money i am looking to replace my sly +setup with the same functions Ive been offered a vu duo for £175 or the duo2 for £300 my question is the 2 worth the extra cash and if so why Ive read the spec and can see the CPU is a lot quicker and on another note are there any better boxes for the money i like to play around ect i have a f5s at present i also have at1 and atv2 with kodi thanks in advance jason

• is there the same support for the solo ? i saw something about xbmc(kodi) i use it a lot on my atvs and love it but if i get the duo2 i might be able to use on there and put all my tv eggs in one box so to speak
    i have just been offered a solo2 for £240 with the twin tuners
    Jason

• Little debate on this one.

If you're contemplating spending £240 and £300 doesn't bust a gut then go for the Duo2 everytime. In fact if you only have £240 at present then would suggest you find the extra to fund the Duo2.

The Solo2 is a fixed tuner DVB S2 receiver and cannot match the flexibility/future proof of the Duo2 going forward.

The Solo2 is/was a great receiver in it 's own right but it's getting a little old now. At current market prices no reason not to go for the Duo2.

If you have a jailbroken ATV2 then you will still probably want XBMC. Teams such as Blackhole are now bringing out images with XBMC enabled. It's early beta days but XBMC is the way forward.

Don't bother with the original Duo, it's an old machine and it's pretty much had it's day. The latest XBMC enabled Blackhole images will not work on it.

Edited 2 times, last by ekkostar ().

• The Duo is 5 years old now and really is showing it's age now.

The Duo2 is only 2 years old and only just starting to show it's hand, the cpu has more than 3x the power of the original Duo, it has 5x the amount of ram, and 4x the amount of flash space, pluggable tuners so you have the option of sat, terrestrial / cable, and it can do hardware transcoding. It also supports blindscan and as mentioned now XBMC (kodi) is available too (in beta at the moment but it will get more stable as time goes on).

In short yes the Duo2 is well worth the extra over the original duo.

As for solo2 it's a great box in it's own right, but at current prices the Duo2 is well worth the little bit extra that it costs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!