Amiko alien 2 box slow down

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,124 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hello all I have an amiko alien triple tuner running the open atv image from October. All goes well for around a week or two and then the box starts to slow down and become unresponsive. A reboot doesn't work and cache flush is installed and running. There is a hdd connected in ext 3 mounted with a swap file. The only way to resolve this is to re flash the box. The cross epg was causing issues so I un installed it and use xmltv importer which works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions why the box is running slow. Could it be cache or ram issues

• It sounds like your memory may be filling up.
    Make sure your epg is stored on your hdd.
    It may run smoother if you can install a usb (as well as hdd) and have your picons/epg and swap file strored on it rather than hdd.
    Your using your hdd only for timeshift/recording then.

• thanks for that. I know the cross epg loaded to the hdd and the xml tv importer goes there aswell. But when in that plugin i cant find a place to send the cross epg to. the plugin is xmltvimporter. i will change the swap file to the stick and mount that and see if i can change the path for the xml importer to there instead of the hdd. would i be better to re flash and again the plugins and re use cross epg as on that i could select the smaller usb for the cross epg

• ok openatv on the alien2

sorry but its rubbish, theres defo a memory issue and nothing helps in the end it will slow down, and whatever you do dont ever update it or even change the skin

it looks like every 2 weeks or so it needs a reflash and start again

yes it looks nice and has everything, but thats no good if the dam thing doesnt work

• I've been using PKT Hyperion on mine and its has made it a fairly good and usable box.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!