Best image file for alien triple tuner

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,659 times. The last Post () by MUCKSAVAGE.

• best thing to ask yourself what do you want the box to do as each person as the own choice, at the mo i like the HDMU image as i think its the best for sat and cable and fast as well no slow down and no crashes but still has its little niggles but nothing that cant be sorted

a lot like pkt if you have a twin and to be honest if it had the cable epg i would go to it as well

some like openatv for about a week then it grinds to a halt and iv totally given up on it even if it the best for 1 hour

there is others open ar-p (recording works on that one on all 3 channels) but needs updating but the above are the main 3

what i would say is dont expect it to be a all singing all dancing box it aint, iv had mine since day one and i love my alien2 and i know its limits

it plays and records and id leave it at that, sorry if its not what you wanted to hear

• ok so i downloaded hdmu so what do i do with it? I downloaded the enigma 2 usb version but dont know what to do next, really am stuck

look you need to read up on how to install e2 images on the alien2, there will be lots on info goto swtools.biz on there is plugins and how toos

but hdmu can take a bit getting to work as it should and id install a backup

• i have installed enigma 2 by booting up with usb attached. Then I downloaded hdmu and put that enigma 2 folder on the root of usb and booted up again but it says missing kernel if i try to upgrade, i have been reading for hours and still cant figure it out, guides are very hard to find

- - - Updated - - -

found it:
    How To Upgrade Amiko Alien 2 Enigma2 Image Via USB

Upgrade Enigma2 by USB

Preparation:
    1.We only recommend Kingston USB stick, we don’t support USB hard disk, you can try another usb stick.
    2.Please make sure your USB stick only have 1 partition and the file system is FAT32
    3.Set default booting system to [enigma2].
    Upgrade Step:
    1.Make sure [C:/engima2] is exist, if not, please create this folder.
    2.copy [uImage] and [e2jffs2.img] to [C:/engima2]
    3.Connect USB stick to STB
    4.Keep Pressing [OK] Button in Front Panel, then power on STB.
    5.After 5 seconds, you will see [Forc] in LED, release [OK] button and press [align=right] Button.
    then press down button > you will see [enig]
    now press [align=right] Button, you will see [fact] for a moment.and press the ok button
    6.if everything OK, You will see [U LD] shining in LED
    7.if upgrade success, You will see [SUCC] and STB reboot automatically
    If upgrade not finishes in 5 minutes, then there must be something wrong, please check your configuration and re-try.

Attached Files Attached Files

File Type: pdf howto_ENG_Upgrade_E2_on_Amiko_Alien_v121220_web.pdf (242.1 KB, 104 views)

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!