a couple of easy questions for someone in the know

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 871 times. The last Post () by nano.

• hello lads, i,m using oscam for my server oscam-1.20-unstable_svn-r10096

my first questions is i can see peers ip addresses, but is there a way i can see which country there in?

also i have a peer with a local card,(germany) when i turn off my other readers and connect to his local the ecms are very low 150 200 but somtimes take around 5 seconds to clear once the sat is locked, when i turn my other readers back on and turn to a german channel oscam picks a hop 3 with high ecm's, i just dont get it.

and my last, is cachex as easy as just swapping lines and putting them in oscam as readers/users?
    i think i know when your watching a channel you store the cache for when you get a request, so the more people watching the same channel the less chance of getting any glitching is less, but is there one peer with a master server in the line of sharing thats saves the cache or do we just share it between ourselves, hope this makes sense

thanks
    kev

my first questions is i can see peers ip addresses, but is there a way i can see which country there in?

Try this:

also i have a peer with a local card,(germany) when i turn off my other readers and connect to his local the ecms are very low 150 200 but somtimes take around 5 seconds to clear once the sat is locked, when i turn my other readers back on and turn to a german channel oscam picks a hop 3 with high ecm's, i just dont get it.

You are gettings someones reshare. If you only want local cards from peers just put this into their oscam.server entries
    cccmaxhops=0

EG:

and my last, is cachex as easy as just swapping lines and putting them in oscam as readers/users?

These threads will explain it in detail and how its set up:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=16348
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=12346

• "You are gettings someones reshare. If you only want local cards from peers just put this into their oscam.server entries
    cccmaxhops=0"

i was thinking i would get his local instead of another readers hop 2 or 3, his ecms are low when i disconnect all other readers so when i re connect them i thought i would still connect to his local instead of another readers hop 2 or 3 with high ecm

• Have you looked at the log when other readers are on the go to make sure its him you are getting the high ecm from ,because if its low when you have only him it points to the fact you may not be getting from the same source when others are connected

• Put that line into all your readers and you won't get any hop 2 or 3 (reshares) from your peers, only their local cards.
    Or just put that line into the reader thats giving you the unwanted reshares/hops.
    Another way to do it would be to block unwanted providers from your peers. (the ones giving you the high ecms on hop 2-3 etc)
    I haven't tried it myself but looks fairly simple.
    Here is a guide (although written for oscam/cccam setup, can't see why it wouldn't work with oscam only setup)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=6677

• thats what was happing stevejo, i was getting low ecms when i was only connected to him(other readers stopped) then when i re connected the other readers i wasnt connecting to him anymore and was connecting to a slower reader, anyway thanks for eveyones help but ive gave him the "spanish archer" el bow

• thats what was happing stevejo, i was getting low ecms when i was only connected to him(other readers stopped) then when i re connected the other readers i wasnt connecting to him anymore and was connecting to a slower reader, anyway thanks for eveyones help but ive gave him the "spanish archer" el bow

The trouble wasnt with him then ,its only setup needing looked into

• Are you sure when your channels are clearing from the network that its coming from the same type of card as yours?

If your talking about $ky Germany your looking at 2 different versions of NDS, 09C4 and 098c, Two versions on Betacrypt, 1702 & 1722 and there's another two which aren't seen that often which is a nagra 3 1833 and 1834 caids.

All have a different ecm time usually oscam will use the quickest one unless you have prioritised one over the other.

you can set priority in the oscam.dvbapi file, if its an 09C4 card you have just enter this into the file which will prioritise 09C4.

Code
    P: 09C4:000000

If you want to ignore a certain caid like nagra 1833 you just enter the following

Code
    I: 1833:000000

Using both lines should by right prioritise caid 09C4 over any other and completely ignore caid 1833. Just make sure you get the right caids under P and I if you decide to try this.

Nano

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!