ET-10000 vs. VU+ Duo2

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,957 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• I've had an ET9200 for about 3 years and have had absolutely no problems with it.

I want to use cable and sat now and the ET9200 doesn't have modular tuners so impossible with this box. I tried a USB DVB-C/T tuner but It was not recognized by several images or an OpenElec HTPC.

I've read a lot of reviews on this forum about the VU Duo2 but haven't seen one about the ET-10000??

I'm not sure if the faster processor makes that much difference but I tried viewing XBMC live streams on my ET9200 and it was painfully slow/stuttery. A "real" HTPC was night and day, plays live streams like butter. Those with a VU Duo2, can you watch XBMC live streams smoothly?

Does anyone have the ET-10000? Reviews/feedback?

Really, which one is better?

Thanks.

• The ET 10k is a good box from what i've read.

But seriously over priced, the cpu is pretty much the same as the Duo2, the only real difference between the 2 box's is that the ET10k has 4 separate tuner slots, to make it quad tuner, whereas the duo2 has 2 slots, but will take 2 twin tuners to make it a quad tuner.

The ET10k has hdmi in and out, whereas the duo2 is hdmi out only.

The duo2 does hardware transcoding, but no idea if the ET10k does any transcoding.

Duo2 has a vfd and lcd display, the ET10k only has vfd.

As for xbmc, Vu+ have started beta testing (along with the various image teams) xbmc on the Duo2 (and Solo2 / SoloSE models), so yes streaming from xbmc works great on the Duo2, xbmc is not available on the ET10k

• We'd recommend the Mutant HD2400 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mutant

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!