Solo2 and local card server?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 410 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hi all, another newbie question so I do apologise in advance. Is it possible to use a solo2 as a server for a local card? I know it's possible to use a dream box just wondering about a solo2?

Cheers

• Solo has plenty of Memory and Processing power to cope as server no problem !
    For a small set-up people have used Raspberry pi as CCcam/Oscam server _

Nice box ¬

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I have a s** sub and wanted to set up a share between family. Is there a guide available anywhere on where I would start? The card is a multi room card and not actually the 'main card' is this possible?

Cheers

• Its possible alright but the first step is:
    You need to know which receiver the card is used in (been paired to) as a hd receiver card cannot share any premium content (sports/movies) or hd for that matter.
    An sd paired card is what your looking for to be able to share.

• Yeah it's an SD receiver, not sure of the exact make and model but it's defo SD. That's why the main card isn't going to be used as that is in a HD receiver.

From doing my research a dream box server is the easiest way to start rather than a linux pc, is this right? Are there any guides around?

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I've been doing some reading... Am I right in thinking Oscam needs to be installed on the solo2 to read the card? Do I actually need to do anything to the card itself?

Edited once, last by Bigjack ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!