hi all what's the best image for dm500hd clone

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 855 times. The last Post () by ELMTREE.

• Yo hey hey hey an what's app en in any have a dm500hd clone could you share what's the best image you like and current image

- - - Updated - - -

Any help on an image to flash tried a few so far I'm not have any luck cheers big ears lol

• Hi thankyou m8 my dm500hd has the ferrari sim inside will this image work ?
    and can you give me a link to download the ssl84d bootloader im using a motor too

• You need to know which sim card is inside the box first. There's 4 screws. You'll see the sim mounted to the side of the CAS card slot. If it's glued in with resin then it could be genuine dreambox with the original (A8P) sim card, don't try to remove! Resin sticks well, and you could damage the motherboard. More likely it'll have a (SIM 2.1),(SIM 2.10),(SIM 2.01),(Ferrari) or (Japhar) Sim, there may be others. Anyway once you have identified the sim and your DM500HD version .1 or .2 you can then search for the correct images, some sites are more dedicated to a specific type of sim. Then you need to read up on (OE1.6) & (OE2) images. And (second stage boot loaders). All pretty confusing. There's a PC programme called Opti-flasher that can download and flash the correct image for your sim & box, it costs a little if you want to download their suggested images. But it has helped me in the past. and flashing your own stored bootloaders & images is free. The prog also fixes the dreaded (NO CA found) error, and you can do the old (bad sector recovery) if you dare. I have a dreamboxUK image on mine, as it's small about 47KB, which is good on the v.1 box as you only have 64KB & you might want to install a plugin or two later.
    Let me know what happens, good luck mate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!