connecting Vu server to Unbuntu server

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 965 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• ive got my vu solo2 with my 2 cards running oscam, how do i connect it to my ubuntu server that ive just set up running oscam both version r10096. i,m just confused on which protocol, config to use so my unbuntu server gets the fastest connection to the Vu and shows my local cards?

• Just create an account for your own solo2 the same way you would for a peer...... but instead of using your dns addy in the line for your solo2 to connect, put the ip address of the Ubuntu server instead.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• could someone tell me ive read and tried a thousand combinations to connect my ubuntu server to my vu solo2 server, i can connect to it when select ccam for the reader and put my dns addy in the hostname, but i thought when connecting in your home network you put your ip address and port number in the hostname, this is my config

[reader]
    label = testunbuntuccam
    protocol = cccam
    device = monkified.webhop.net,xxxxx i thought you put your ip addy here instead of dns addy
    user = kevtestccam
    password = xxxxxxxxxx
    inactivitytimeout = 30
    group = 1
    cccversion = 2.3.0
    cccmaxhops = 3
    ccckeepalive = 1
    cccreshare = 1
    audisabled = 1

ive also tried newcamb but cannot for the life of me get it to work

also i followed the tutoriol for setting up ubuntu oscam/ccam, but i only want to run oscam so deleted the ccam config and the user but i get an anonymous user,

ip addy 0.0.0.0

protocol: dvpapi

how do i get rid of this anon user, this is what i get in the log

c client connected to 10000 port
    2015/01/23 21:05:08 266FF80 c user cccam is trying to connect but doesnt exist ! (CCcam)
    2015/01/23 21:05:08 266FF80 c plain newcamd-client 127.0.0.1 rejected (no such user)
    2015/01/23 21:05:08 266FF80 c anonymous disconnected from 127.0.0.1

• Here is a simple newcamd reader to try, lets say your vusolo uses newcamd port 12345 & its ip is 192.168.0.10
    Create a very simple user account in the vusolo

[account]
    user = myoscamproxy
    pwd = mypassword
    caid = 0963
    group = 1
    ident = 0963:000000

Add this reader to your oscam

[reader]
    label = Connection to vusolo
    protocol = newcamd
    device = 192.168.0.10,12345
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    user = myoscamproxy
    password = mypassword
    services =
    disableserverfilter = 1
    caid = 0963
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 1
    audisabled = 1

You should then restart both oscams

• my locals are redlight and french lover which are in my Vu so is this is my config is this right or should the caid still be 963?

Vu solo2
    [account]
    user = Ubuntu
    pwd = xxxxx
    caid = 0500
    group = 1,2
    services = redlight_,frenchlover
    ident = 0500:043800,042700,041700

= Ubuntu
    protocol = newcamd
    device = 192.168.1.xx,Vu port No
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    user = Ubuntu
    password = xxxxxx
    services = redlight,frenchlover
    disableserverfilter = 1
    caid = 0500
    ident = 0500:043800,042700,041700
    group = 1
    audisabled = 1

this is what i get on the log
    plain newcamd-client 127.0.0.1 rejected (no such user)

should i reinstall the oscam/ccam config as ive tried deleting the ccam as i just wanted to use oscam could this be messing it up?

• The simple setup I posted previously works, you just need to change user, pass, port, caid

this is what i get on the log
    plain newcamd-client 127.0.0.1 rejected (no such user)

Which log solo or ubuntu ?

Is the ip in your reader the ip of the solo ?

Without seeing your full configs Id only be guessing as to what went wrong

• Why are you using two servers?
    Keep it simple.
    Use either your solo2 as server or use your ubuntu server.
    Going both ways increases your hops and ultimately increases your ecm times. EG: card- server - server- client.
    Get rid of one server.
    Best option (in my opinion, and open to correction) ubuntu server, serving all cards with solo 2 and all other internal receivers as shares, although if your running 2 cards, you'll need 2 card readers on ubuntu setup.
    Other option is to get rid of ubuntu server altogether and use solo2 as main server.(it's capable of this but you cannot shut it down without downtime for your peers)

iBffBYU.png

Edited 2 times, last by codar ().

• i just fancied trying to set one up codar, i,m just interested in how it all works in general, i have got 2 omnikey readers that i was going to use but i,m a bit wary i dont want to do my cards in some how swapping them about or swapping them then i carnt get them to work back in the solo or worst case scenario our lass carnt watch judge rinder lol, so i thought ill set it up without the cards and have the pc as a client for now until i,m confident i know i,m going to get it it work.

• I think running server on pc is a better option than receiver.
    It doesn't tie you down when you want to try new images / plugins etc. (no downtime)
    It can be put out of sight also for fear that no one can accidentally power it down, pull out cards (i have kids that used to love doing that)
    One machine dedicated to doing just one function rather than one receiver trying to do multiple functions.

• You wont do your cards in trying just try and play if you want , nothing will happen to the cards just pause the readers on the solo 2 and leave it running and play on the pc ,dont worry too much about peers not connecting youll still get sly off me , its easy to just inform them your playing if incase they think your acting the goat with shares ,have a play m8 only way to learn you can add my lines to the pc also while you play also dont worry about duplicate logins

:thumb:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!