New box coming soon

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,083 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi I have a new box coming soon from Germany a VU+ duo2, obviously, I have never had a box before but wanted to know peoples opinions on what was the best way to get started should I flash an image and just set everything up myself or should i flash a back up image from this site? I have never set up a sat box before but I know my way around linux and have helped a friend with FTP on a box that had openatv on it. Also I was thinking about flashing blackhole or does anyone think openatv is better, in there personal opinion? Any help would be grateful.

Thanks James \m/(*j*)\m/

• A backup image is a quick way of getting started, deciding what you like/dislike but to tailor the receiver to your preferences (skins/plugins etc), you should eventually set up your own.
    From my experience (limited as it is) i find the vix image is one of the easiest to set up , but all the images do more or less the same thing.
    Every one is worth checking out. I sometimes swap between blackhole/hyperion/vix (drives the family nuts) but every ones opinion differs and only you can decide what you like.
    You can find images from the nav bar (nightly builds) or from here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=584

I sometimes swap between blackhole/hyperion/vix (drives the family nuts)

Me too, The kids then have to show the wife how to use the box again :lolz:

Me too, The kids then have to show the wife how to use the box again

Same here.
    A good way of letting her know i'm pi**ed at her about something:snicker:

Image changes often:10lol:

• Just to keep her vexed i change the receiver on the main TV all the time too :lolz:

I'm sure it will end one day with her giving me a swift kick in the nuts :bello:

• I love the webif page avalible when you enter the recivers ip address in your internet browser on the left you have the option to send message the word (TEA) often gets sent to the screen lol

• lol good luck with your new reciver m8 this is a great place to learn how to get the best from it time to get reading bud:83:

Thanks man will do, does anyone know if I can telenet linux cmds no problem from a windows box to like install and update plugins? Im most like going to be using CCam with a cline but i hate using ftp clients i prefer running termial cmds?

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!