AVI/MKV on HDMU media centre

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 738 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Some AVIs and MKVs play audio but with no picture in HDMU media centre. So is there a way to update video codecs? or even a different plugin that is compatible with a wider range of video formats?

I tried dowwnloading EMC but cant point it to play video from USB inserted in front of box. I tried installing Kodi direct and couldnt set it up as I dont know what software im supposed to download from the software list within the plug in. I also tried downloading projekt valerie and again couldnt figure out how to set up file paths to play video from usb. I like hdmu and the plug ins etc but its not very user friendly and info isnt easy to find either.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as this is all new to me.

• Thanks for the suggestion, it didnt work on the the avi, ill try with the MKV next time. If I use a different image like PKT would that make any difference, can it play more types of files?

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!