4 openboxes on 60cm dish

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 655 times. The last Post () by hfxlad.

• i have a mk4 zone1 dish with a octo 8 way lnb i am useing 4 openboxes of it 3xf5s and 1xv8s. now the problem i am haveing is that 1 of the boxes keeps loading and then knocking itself of and it isnt the box because i have tryed it elsewer and the connectors and cable have been check and all fine it seems to happen wen all 4 boxes are being fed from the lnb does anybody no why this is happening.could it be the size of the dish or fault with the lnb or 2many boxes of the lnb.

• Lnb should cope.
    Try swapping 2 receivers around and if the problem persists with the same receiver, it is that receiver which is your issue.
    If the problem persists in the same location, it may be the lnb feed to that location.
    I'd then try and swap that feed at the lnb to a free lnb feed.

• i have swapped boxes and feed from lnb is fine and the box is fine as i have fitted it elsewer.it only happens when all 4 boxes are on sometimes it will just keep looping on load and sometimes it will say no signal.now i have heard that sometimes when you use 4 openboxes the lnb as a issy fit and that dropping back down to a quad lnb could help and mybe a bigger dish.but i dont want to go down that road yet .

• Have you tried running a separate feed cable from the lnb to the receiver in question?
    I once came across something similar and it turned out that the original cable wasn't secured properly, would rub against the tiles in wind until it wore down the insulation and shielding to the bare wire which caused intermittent shorting and havoc with the signal.
    A meter set to resistance (ohms) should also check this out (need to disconnect both ends and test between center core and shielding.

i have heard that sometimes when you use 4 openboxes the lnb as a issy fit and that dropping back down to a quad lnb could help and mybe a bigger dish

I myself haven't heard or came across this.
    I also have an octo fitted to a mk4 (2 feeds to solo2, one to ariva, one to vu zero and two to humax foxsat) and have had them all running at once (although it rarely happens) and have had no such issues.
    I don't have any openboxes though.

• A new quad lnb only costs around €10 so if it is difficult to get access to your dish, i'd have one in my back pocket for fear you have to replace it. While your up there, checking the dish , alignment wouldn't be any harm also.
    Let us know how you get on.

Have you anything else attached (diseqc switches etc)?

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!