Flashing Alien 2

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,471 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• Is possible to flash this box via ftp / telenet . I've tried usb 3 different ones actually went out and bought them today as I though it was my dodgy usb stick . The old image keeps wiping bouqets after I switch it of at the wall . It wont do a factory reset either it keeps bringing my back to were it was like in a loop . Im pretty sure its the image thats blocking me from flashing new image it keeps going T / TO . Anyone an alternative way to flash or do a hard reset so it gets rid of current image .

• theres 2 ways of putting a image on the alien, i via the front button method the other is via spark with the plugin e2 upgrade

whilst youa are in spark you can test the usb is ok regards speed and format it

i hope the usbs were no more than 2 gig either ,very funny if its more than that

• It is also possible by TFTP - there are some tutorials out there on how. A quick search for "alien tftp rescue" found this:

I have not tried it myself, but I have heard it works well.

You may also need to connect a serial cable to further debug your problems - also lots of tutorials out there for this.

• paul, TFTP can be used to flash any image. While for spark it can be done through the front panel buttons, enigma2 requires using the serial interface. The example I gave was for spark - and the reason I suggested "rescue" is that he complained that he thinks the image is preventing him from re-flashing. If the image changed some of the environment variables, flashing a rescue image may help.

tommybo, can you boot to spark? If not, your environment has probably been corrupted (or changed purposely by some image.)

What image do you have loaded?

Can you telnet to the box? If so, you can try the following commands to see what has been done:

You can post the results here.

• I posted an hour ago and there was some brief message saying "your post will be available....?????" didn't catch the rest. Guessing the post is gone, will post again later tonight if it doesn't show up....

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I found an old upgrade guide for the spark7111 which will work the same for the 7162. It covers upgrading by USB or TFTP for spark AND enigma2. Also included is how to upgrade the uboot from the serial port if it turns out you need to do that. In the spark rescue image there is an update uboot image.

- - - Updated - - -

Also see this post: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=20313

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!