wlan setup please please help

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,331 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• i just moved house no internet for 4 weeks bought a ee wifi dongle but cant get my vu solo2 to see it im running openvix apollo can you please help ie where do i look in the setup menu for it do i need to download drivers ect ?

• i remember once a very old and wise maybe ugly man lol (stevejo) saying why not ask your next door neighbour to connect to there wi-fi and explain your predicament and maybe slip them a tenner to use there internet for a couple of weeks?

Edited 2 times, last by monkified ().

• you will need to look at the drivers in plugins if you can identify the chip in the dongle will be easier if not use the dongle in a pc or laptop and internet connection share to the sat box you will need a crossover cable or crossover adapter for this unless you use a ethernet switch between the pc and sat box

• i have the dongle on line on my laptop set the pc to share internet conection and pluged a ethernet to my solo2

My understanding is that the ethernet cable will will need to be a crossover type and not a standard type ! Unless you use a switch between them !
    Its to do with the pin outputs at the ethernet connection on each device !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• My understanding is that the ethernet cable will will need to be a crossover type and not a standard type ! Unless you use a switch between them !
    Its to do with the pin outputs at the ethernet connection on each device !

Yep either a crossover cable or the only other choice is a crossover adaptor used with a standard patch cable....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!