No signal being received

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 543 times. The last Post () by Scherzzo.

• Hi There,

Hope this is the right section but here goes! I have a legit *** box. It's a very old box maybe 10 years old. I'm getting an error message

no satellite signal is being received please unplug your box from the mains, wait 5 mins etc.

I have two vu+ boxes and they work perfectly fine. Any help would be appreciated?

Regards

Scherzzo

• Sounds like the tuner has failed ¬ Common on ols sly Pace / Amstrad and thompson silver boxes.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• The box is a grundig box. How do you mean the tuner failed?Hardware issue or does it just need to be re-tuned? It's an error code 29. Look online and alot of people saying dodgy cable or lnb but it works fine. Thanks for your response by the way

• Sounds like dodgy cable or connector. If you unplug and plug it into the VU the same cable works fine ok?

In that case try bending the protruding core of the cable at the F-connector slightly towards one side of the connector. Then re-insert into your Grundig box. This should help the core to make better contact inside the female F-connector on the box.

Some cables have a thin diameter core which never quite makes decent internal contact on some receivers, so you have to improvise.

Edited once, last by ekkostar ().

• Another common fault on the earlier sly boxes which shows a no sat signal being received on screen is a faulty power supply.... when it goes the tuners are not able to pick up a signal. You can get replacement PSU's quite cheap on fleabay...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!