WeTek Play - How to install OpenELEC on NAND Flash

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,735 times. The last Post () by riocht.

• First after I received my WeTek Play I installed and was running OpenELEC 5.0.1 from MicroSD card and Android was running on NAND Flash. As I like more OpenELEC and Live TV on it, I decided to install OpenELEC 5.0.4 to NAND Flash, so here is how to do it.

What you will need:

1. WeTek Play - of course :D

2. MicroSD card formatted to FAT32.

3. OpenELEC 5.0.X NAND installation package (Actual version is 5.0.5 and You can download it from HERE)

4. Linux/Mac or Windows based PC.

Steps:

1. Format your MicroSD card to FAT32.

2. Extract archive OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.5.zip , and you will have folder OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.4, where you will see three files: recovery.img , factory_update_param.aml and OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.4-update.zip file.

3. Copy 3 files to MicroSD: recovery.img, factory_update_param.aml and OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.4-update.zip

4. Insert Micro SD in WeTek Play, and power off completely WeTek Play.

5. In Quick Start Guide of WeTek Play, you can find Upgrade toothpick tool, grab it.

6. At bottom side of WeTek Play find UPGRADE hole, and insert there Upgrade toothpick tool, and while keep pressed upgrade button with toothpick tool turn on WeTek Play by inserting power cable in it.

7. Keep pressed Upgrade button for next 7 seconds, and update procedure will start.

8. Wait until update procedure done and voilla you successfully flashed WeTek Play with OpenELEC 5.0.X to NAND Flash.

All future versions you can update by copying NAND .tar file version for update over SAMBA to Update folder and by simple rebooting of WeTek Play.

• Have I bricked it?
    I've followed these instructions, and watched the video. I dont get the update screen on my TV, so i left it for 15 minutes, and now i dont get anything onscreen, not even the default android os.
    any ideas?

• I installed openelec on my wetek, but made the mistake of not backing up the o/s (stupid me), I want to install android software agin, how can I do this, asi have no recovery file

• Yeah, I've re-installed Android, but every time I try to install to nand, I get this blank screen problem, no update screen and I have to re-install Android.

1: make absolutely sure you've got the correct file.
    2: when holding the pin in and plugging in the power continue to do so until R2D2 appears (if nothing happens after 60 secs stop process)
    3: and we'll look into it deeper.

regards: canthackit

• Hi, this is my next step with the Wetek but I am wondering if there is any way to copy my existing sd card install as it is all up and running with tvheadend, oscam, etc?

• Can you use a usb to flash to nand instead of sd?

no you must use the micro sd to flash :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Quote:

First after I received my WeTek Play I installed and was running OpenELEC 5.0.1 from MicroSD card and Android was running on NAND Flash. As I like more OpenELEC and Live TV on it, I decided to install OpenELEC 5.0.4 to NAND Flash, so here is how to do it.

What you will need:

1. WeTek Play - of course :D

2. MicroSD card formatted to FAT32.

3. OpenELEC 5.0.X NAND installation package (Actual version is 5.0.5 and You can download it from HERE)

4. Linux/Mac or Windows based PC.

Steps:

1. Format your MicroSD card to FAT32.

2. Extract archive OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.5.zip , and you will have folder OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.4, where you will see three files: recovery.img , factory_update_param.aml and OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.4-update.zip file.

3. Copy 3 files to MicroSD: recovery.img, factory_update_param.aml and OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.4-update.zip

4. Insert Micro SD in WeTek Play, and power off completely WeTek Play.

5. In Quick Start Guide of WeTek Play, you can find Upgrade toothpick tool, grab it.

6. At bottom side of WeTek Play find UPGRADE hole, and insert there Upgrade toothpick tool, and while keep pressed upgrade button with toothpick tool turn on WeTek Play by inserting power cable in it.

7. Keep pressed Upgrade button for next 7 seconds, and update procedure will start.

8. Wait until update procedure done and voilla you successfully flashed WeTek Play with OpenELEC 5.0.X to NAND Flash.

All future versions you can update by copying NAND .tar file version for update over SAMBA to Update folder and by simple rebooting of WeTek Play.

Hello, I have followed the instructions and now the box won't boot at all. Any ideas, Thank you.

Edited once, last by riocht ().

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!