PVR not recording programmes scheduled on next day

• Hello,

Odd problem, could not find solutions on-line. PVR records just fine for same day programmes. But when setting a recording for the next day, it sets up fine (recording symbol appears on EPG entry and new entry is added in the timers list) but the recording fails.

The STB “wakes up” before the recording as expected (power saving settings turned to OFF, so in “false” standby mode) but the recording never seems to start. The corresponding entry in the timers list remains in the list.

Details of the system:
    Amiko Alien 2, Spark 2, System/App version 1.2.74 and kernel version 2.6.32-00 (last update 20/01/2015). We have also set up CrossEPG.

Has anyone come across this problem, or could suggest a way to debug this? I ssh’ed in the box but could not find the expected logs in /var/log/. Is there a way to turn on some sort of debug mode and if so how, and where can I find the logs?

Mr_D

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update: set 2 recordings overnight. The first one was successful, but not the second one. Logging on the STB, I noticed that the timestamp for the TimeShift directory (see below) was the same as the starting time for the second (failed) recording. As the box was in standby/not in use at the time, I cannot understand how/why TimeShift would be active.
    drw-r--r-- 2 root root 4096 Mar 1 04:43 the Naked Truth
    drw-r--r-- 2 root root 4096 Mar 1 06:50 @TimeShift

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!