re change image keping the wifes soaps

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,001 times. The last Post () by dekelster.

• hi there guys is there a way to upgrade from my vix image to mastter g latest blackhole image and keep the data on my hdd i mean my recordings (the wifes soaps)

cheers

Jason

• Recordings are not touched when you reflash a receiver, unless you choose to initialize the HDD for what ever reason. Now I personally do not use BH but if you were moving to another OE-A or PLI based image you could copy over your timers files too.

1. Place enigma into sleep mode using a TELNET session and the "init 4" command (minus the "")
    2. FTP into your receiver and navigate to /etc/enigma2/
    3. Copy both the timers.xml file and the autotimers.xml file to your desktop.
    4. issue the "init 3" command to reboot enigma.

Once you'r new image is setup simply follow the above steps again placing the timers.xml file and autotimers.xml file into the /etc/enigma2/ directory. Then issue the "init 3" commad to reboot enigma.

ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS place enigma into sleep mode before editing or copying system files to or from your receiver as these files are very prone to corruption when handled while enigma is awake, this includes when you are sending or backing up bouquets with programs such as DBE otherwise you may find the changes do not register upon a reboot as enigma sometimes reloads the older settings from the cache ignoring the new ones you just sent to the receiver.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Also remember you wont have access to ABM with the BH image so if you use ABM to generate your channel lists you will have to use LraiZers AB 28.2 east plugin instead.

I am not sure if you can use the new SNP formatted picons with BH, as I am not sure if they have taken up the changes we made to allow images to use these, I know Pli did but not sure about BH.

- - - Updated - - -

Just delete them!

Fairly pointless answer don't you think ?. or were you attempting to be funny ?.

• I was obviously attempting to be funny! My wife has lots of pish recorded also. So not a pointless answer. So wind your neck in

That was not what the OP was asking, he asked how to save his recordings. so your rather pathetic attempt at a joke failed miserably.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!