OpenPCTV (enigma2 on pc)

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,212 times. The last Post () by yoramile1.

• Welcome my fiends

I like to talk about this new OS (Linux distribution) which you can installing it in you pc
    With you DVB-S & DVB-S2, card support

First

What is OPENPCTV?

OpenPCTV is a XBMC-based open source Linux distribution for personal computers and embedded system to be used as DVR/PVR set-top boxes and media player appliance boxes. Just like E2BMC, OpenPCTV is also designed as a hybrid integration between XBMC and Dream box’s Enigma2 PVR software scripts, using VDR (Video Disk Recorder) as the TV
    Tuner backend server and Open Bricks based Linux operating system images for embedded systems

Feature:

It is integrated with XBMC 13.1 Gotham,VDR 2.1.6,Enigma2PC,kernel 1.15.3
    It supports more than 60 languages,switching once to change to the language interface of XBMC/VDR/Enigma2.
    You don’t need to manually edit the configuration file,using the dialog menu style to complete the most of configurations.
    You can normally use it by copying the ISO file to a USB disk(creating a virtual disk files loopdisk.img in a USB disk, USB disk capacity shall be no less than 1G)
    It supports hardware decoding of AMD radeon HD5xxx (and above), Nvidia Geforce and Intel HD Graphics Cards. It can be normally used under Enigma2/VDR/XBMC. For Nvidia Geforce Graphics Cards, both nouveau and nvidia enable VDPAU driver support for hardware-accelerated video decoding. By default we use the nouveau driver, you can also use the nvidia driver to get better support.System startup automatically detects your video card and does not require any special settings. Also depending on the programme (VDPAU/VAAPI) and do some optimization setting.
    It directly drives infrared receiver device using the kernel, Microsoft MCE remote and the CIR remote receiver on motherboard can directly support(MCE RC6). We recommend the motherboard with CIR (such as Biostar, ASRock etc.)
    For DVB devices, the kernel can drive most of the devices. We also provide additional drive, such as TBS, DVB*** and s2-liplianin. You can install additional packages in the configuration setup.
    DiSEqC setting and channels scanning are all configured with dialog menu style. According to the configuration of DiSEqC.conf , it uses scan-s2 to scan channel.
    VDR VNSI pvr addon is already installed in XBMC, you can run XBMC with dr-backend by default..

Support:

Support for DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T2, ATSC high-definition signal reception and playback
    You can choose one of Enigma2, VDR, and XBMC front-end player
    Support Intel (VAAPI), AMD (VDPAU over UVD), Nvidia (VDPAU) graphics hardware decoding
    Small size, simply install the USB flash disk can be used normally (Also can be installed to your hard disk)
    Easy to configure. Use the dialog menu style to complete the configuration

Let us start with video clip for OPENPCTV OS (Linux distribution) project

This video clip was preparing by Developer of the OS (Linux distribution)

Second and third, clip my experience with this OS (Linux distribution)

The second clip will see how OPENPCTV boot on pc and watch an SAT CHANNEL Direct after open

Third clip

Will see watching encryption channel with use OSCAM Plugin

Instructions to test this OS (Linux distribution) in your PC

1- You will need (DVB-S card) for me I had tested with *** Star 2, *** Star 2 Express HD
    Automatically detecting by OS no need for choose your DVB-S card form the additional diver through setup mode

For this type, you have to enter to choose your Driver

A. ***DVB DVB-S card’s
    B. Tbs DVB-S card’s
    C. Tbc DVB-C card’s
    D. Tbs-atsc card’s
    E. ***DVB DVB-C card’s
    F. dvb3221 DVB-C card’s (Chinese)

2- For me I recommended to install this OS in old hard disk and keep your windows hard disk drive away you can use big USB Flash Disk if you don't has old H.H.D (Hard disk drive)

3- Flash disk min 1 GB for burn OpenPCTV on it (bootable)

4- Internet (I thing this already Existing)
    Instruction for prepare USB Disk flash

Link for Download the last updated OpenPCTV ISO

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openpctv/files/release/

Download the ISO and prepared your USB disk flash to next step
    Now extract the ISO to your flash disk

Then go to CMD as administrator.

Follow the pictures below to make it bootable flash

Assume your flash latter is I

C :\> I:
    I :\> cd boot
    I: \boot > bootinst.bat

After that your flash now Bootable

Finally, we now ready for installation the OPENPCTV in your PC

Follow the instruction gradually for installation process by the pictures

Download the pic from this link

https://userscloud.com/mqqrzipdawus

This is a clip to how to install but virtual machine

P.M: this is he command to use and navigator the project

*In Enigma2PC, Some remote control keys are remapped to local PC keyboard
    RED -> F1
    GREEN -> F2
    YELLOW -> F3
    BLUE -> F4

VOL UP -> + (numeric pad) or +
    VOL DOWN -> - (numeric pad) or -

NEXT CHANN. -> ARROW DOWN
    PREV CHANN. -> ARROW UP
    NEXT BOUQUET -> PAGE DOWN
    PREV BOUQUET -> PAGE UP

EXIT -> ESC
    MENU -> SPACE
    INFO -> F5 or I
    OK -> ENTER

EPG -> E or F6
    POWER -> F10
    RECORD -> R
    TV -> T
    VIDEO -> V
    AUDIO -> A
    RADIO -> D
    MUTE -> M
    TIMESHIFT -> P

QUIT ENIGMA2 -> X
    FULL SCREEN MODE -> F11
    Standby -> F12

Thx to AHMAD ALBAHETH

• more info about this project

OpenPCTV 1.0
    2014-08-28 Posted
    After a 15-month development cycle, OpenPCTV finally ushered in the first official version. Thanks to the author Henry Liu contributions

OpenPCTV is based on the Linux open source project openbricks cross-compiler platform, she set TV, high-definition video, IPTV collection, taped in one, to create a full range of HTPC multimedia platforms. Also has a number of different architectures based versions, such as the PC platform i386 and x86_64, ARM-based platforms for Freescale IMX6Q TBS2910, Raspberry Pi, based on full-Chi cubietruck A20, etc. (the release of the 1.0 Release of being only based i386 version).

Its main functions and features are:

Support DVB-S2 satellite, DVB-C cable, DVB-T2 terrestrial, ATSC US cable HD signal acquisition and taped.
    Provides support for multiple languages worldwide, currently OpenPCTV users throughout the world.
    You can choose any Enigma2, VDR, XBMC play three different platforms.
    Full support for AMD, Nvidia, Intel three graphics hardware decoding HD playback.
    Easy to install, configure and use. You do not need to use the Linux command line, by way of dialog to complete most of the configuration dialog. You can simply install the system can be used normally U disk (of course you can also use USB Live CD install to the hard drive or burn). If you install to use the SSD will have a better experience.
    Currently tested the PC platform (including Enigma2, VDR, XBMC hardware decoding high-definition playback capabilities of the three broadcast platforms):

3827ddc90.png

robijay signature.gif

" Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum "

• Hello guys!
    Nice to see a detailed instruction about this fantastic project!

I've just installed in my old PC but as soon Enigma2 start i got a black screen.
    The PC is not freeze because I can access trghut SSH and I can change tty on 1 2 and 3.

I've tried to change xine.conf in video.driver:OpenGL or video.driver:xshm but doesn't resolve.

I've installed OpenPCtv 1.1 beta7. X86_64

My PC hardware is:

00:00.0 Memory controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 Memory Controller (rev a3)
    00:01.0 ISA bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 ISA Bridge (rev f3)
    00:01.1 SMBus: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 SMBus (rev a2)
    00:02.0 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 USB Controller (rev a2)
    00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 USB Controller (rev a3)
    00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev a2)
    00:06.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 IDE (rev f2)
    00:07.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)
    00:08.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)
    00:09.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCI Bridge (rev f2)
    00:0a.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 Ethernet Controller (rev f3)
    00:0b.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev f3)
    00:0c.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev f3)
    00:0d.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev f3)
    00:0e.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev a3)
    00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
    00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
    00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
    00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
    01:06.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)
    01:07.0 Network controller: Techsan Electronics Co Ltd B2C2 FlexCopII DVB chip / Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card (rev 01)
    05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RV530LE [Radeon X1600/X1650 PRO]
    05:00.1 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RV530LE [Radeon X1650 PRO] (Secondary)

please could Help me?
    Thanks in advance!
    Best regards!..

- - - Updated - - -

I found temporaney solution but i need your support.

I modified the file /usr/share/enigma2/xine.conf

I changed as follow and then start manualy enigma, now enigma start! with some graphics problem.

# wybM-CM-3r sterownika wideo
    # { auto vdpau aadxr3 dxr3 opengl raw caca xshm aa none sdl vidixfb $
    video.driver:opengl

The problem is that every time that i reboot the file /usr/share/enigma2/xine.conf come back to original setting.
    What can i do??

thanks in advance.
    best regards.

- - - Updated - - -

this follow you can find the error every startup

THONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
    + (1) Background File Eraser
    + (5) Tuxtxt
    + (8) graphics acceleration manager
    BCM accel interface not available - Inappropriate ioctl for device
    + (9) gXlibDC
    Display resolution 1360 768
    XINE-LIB version: 1.2.5
    configfile /usr/share/enigma2/xine.conf
    Available post plugins: warp swscale goom tvtime expand fill invert eq denoise3d boxblur eq2 unsharp pp noise audiochannel oscope fftscope fftgraph upmix upmix_mono stretch volnorm switch mosaico autocrop vdr vdr_video vdr_audio enigma_video enigma
    use vo_driver: vdpau
    use ao_driver: alsa
    vo_vdpau: vdpau API version : 1
    vo_vdpau: vdpau implementation description : G3DVL VDPAU Driver Shared Library version 1.0
    vo_vdpau: maximum video surface size for chroma type 4:2:2 is 4096x4096
    vo_vdpau: maximum video surface size for chroma type 4:2:0 is 4096x4096
    vo_vdpau: VideoSurface doesn't support yuy2, sorry.
    I'm unable to initialize 'vdpau' video driver. Giving up.
    setResolution 720 576
    Segmentation fault

- - - Updated - - -

the second problem is that now the channel that start works but i can't change any other channel.
    it seems blocked

ufffffff

• master G

Added the Label DVB Windows Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!