Solo2 with SG2100A Motor - Dish Not Moving

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,466 times. The last Post () by davvo.

• Hi everyone

I am running BH 2.1.5 on a Solo2. Tuner-A is configured as a single satellite. Tuner-B is connected to a Motek SG2100A Diseqc motor. No matter what commands I send to the Motek, it doesn't move. I have reset the motor according to the manual, but no joy. Even trying to manually move the motor via the Positioner menu gives no movement. I am not concerned about the signal, only to get the damn motor moving correctly! I am able to move the motor using the buttons underneath.

Here is the set up:

872ec1dc3a49.jpg

9e01dd3d41.jpg

Can anyone please advise me on this? It is driving me crazy !!!

• SteveJo - Thanks for the reply. I have tried to switch to USALS, but it still gives the same result - no movement when controlled from the receiver. Additionally trying to move using the Positioner menu within BH gives no result. I have also hard reset the SG2100A motor. Plus I originally tried on Tuner A

• Stick your tongue on the feed going into the motor and see if you get a small belt if no multi tester is available , have you got them reversed on the motor maybe the lnb feed and inlet feed?? any braid around the centre core of the coax on any fitting ?? its obviosly new so you need to make sure all connections are clean so the motor/lnb get the voltage

• Steve - Well I tried a meter, and got 18V from the F plug in the correct polarity. Perhaps my tongue might have been more sensitive hehe?

Also I checked that the connections are in the correct order on the motor. I guess that they must be as I am able to manually move the motor. The motor is used, not new incidentally.

• configuration mode put as simple could be that,

- - - Updated - - -

and have you got the right lat long settings, any mistakes between nesw would stop it moving

Lat/long is correct, but why would incorrect stop the motor from moving?

• If the motor is not new , that just adds a spanner in the works does it move manually ?as it should regardless of latitude and longitude ,if it does turn out the motor is shot get a tm-2600 motor ive had mine on a 1.1 dish for a good couple of years and had some terrible winds here is Scotland hitting it full on and its still good with very little movement in it and it wasnt expensive , the motor should step east and west or do something !, has it buttons on it to drive it even ?

• If the motor is not new , that just adds a spanner in the works does it move manually ?as it should regardless of latitude and longitude ,if it does turn out the motor is shot get a tm-2600 motor ive had mine on a 1.1 dish for a good couple of years and had some terrible winds here is Scotland hitting it full on and its still good with very little movement in it and it wasnt expensive , the motor should step east and west or do something !, has it buttons on it to drive it even ?

The motor moves manually when I push the buttons, but not when I send any movement commands from the Solo2.

• You have power , its moves , but doest prove thats the motor is ok , only acid test left if you can test your box on a friends dish or test your motor with a friends box or both but I suspect the motor as its not new you will need to see what you can do also if you can test the motor at your box with a 2 foot piece of cable to eliminate cables , I first drove mine on a lead in the living room before i set it up on the wall , all you can do is eliminate

• come out of advance

go to

config mode Simple
    mode Positioner

add you your long and lat

save

also
    i have had my motor not move before
    the fix was send the motor to 0
    Select Positioner Setup go to "0"

Edited once, last by davvo ().

• So I have an update. I took the motor off the mount and connected it to the STB. When only the motor was connected without LNB, it was moving correctly. Connecting the LNB stopped the motor from moving, although I could see the DISEQC commands being received by the motor. I had an old .7dB LNB laying around so have fitted this. Still no signal, but at least the dish is moving around! Will get a 0.1dB LNB tomorrow and fit it.

Davvo I am not using USALS as I don't believe that the motor handles it - Digipower SG2100A

• ??????????

the Motek SG2100A supports USALS

you can use the simple config
    or the advance config
    both for usals for your motor

Davvo - will try tonight with the USALS. I have since changed the Lat/Long coordinates to correctly reflect my location. Incidentally the body of the motor says 'Genuine Motek' and the label says 'Digipower' ! Is it possible that the Solo2 doesn't supply sufficient power for both the LNB and the motor?

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally I downloaded the most recent Catseyes Motor file

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!