Setting up OpenATV /cccam on Xpeed LX2

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,751 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hello all, I have an xpeed lx2 box. I would love to have cccam plugin on openatv 4.2 image? Is this possible?
    I have looked around the forum some mentioned Enigma and Openatv. Does one need one or both images on the same box to make use of the cccam plugin?
    I am new to all this. Any help would be appreciated.

• Official Post

You will need the CCcam.ipk as the openatv image doesn`t include any emulators.. Check the image change log to see what is new on each release. New builds won`t always have an update for your receiver.. Give this image a try, everyone has their own taste as to whats good, but i would recommend it.

• Sorry MasterG, I need to understand you clearly. on your attachment above there are 2 files - enigma....ipk and CCcam.cfg. So I should rename enigma2-plugin-....ipk to CCcam.cfg, ftp into the box and copy the renamed file into the usr/keys directory?

But currently am having a bigger problem: the new LX2 box I got today the screen has gone blank/black. It booted up fine first time and I went through the wizard to set it up for the first time. After scanning and no tv stations were found, I switched it off to check my connections. Now it boots up and after the splash/logo screen, the screen goes completely black like it's not outputting anything to the tv set. I have pressed all the keys on the remote and nothing.

It would be crazy to have to send the box back all the way to Germany

• Did you try to press the up button or menu button?
    Screen normally goes blank if ther is no signal/channels stored.
    Menu button should bring you into the main menu of the receiver where u can scan for channels.
    Ps. make sure that the stb button is pressed first as some of these remotes can be used as a one for all remote and if tv is pressed, it may not work your receiver.
    Also, make sure your satellite feed is plugged into lnb1 input if only one feed is available (i have seen it plugged into the loop through of lnb2 before~)

• Yes I have tried all that. The receiver display would show some of the key presses via the remote but it just wont output to the tv screen. I would have thought to change the cable or try with another TV set, but it worked first time and subsequently the xpeed logo screen would still always display during boot up and then nothing once that is complete. Perhaps if there's a way that it can be factory reset? cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Back in business ;)
    Just incase anyone is having this issue of blank screen. I got in touch with the manufacturer. I was sent links to download their bootloader and their gui image. Having flashed both, now back in business. They thought maybe I selected the wrong resolution. I did remember selecting 1080p because I know my TV supports it. It's still on 1080p in anycase and working so far.

Now that it is working I am going to flash the openatv image which is what I wanted in the first place. I had waited as I do not want to void my warranty even before using the device just incase it's a more serious issue that needed it returned

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all, I have installed the Ipk file. So the cccam.cfg file should only contain the lines I receive from my provider right ? Or do I need to enter the cccam server details sent to me into the attached file by MasterG? Confused

Loving the openatv image so far. But still can't figure out yet how to create favorite channels given that there are tons of those. Anyone know how to?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!