Confused what to choose ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,005 times. The last Post () by Lavatronics.

• i am planning on buying HD satelite equipment for my TV

i am torn between Dreambox 800HD SE and the cheap Openbox S10 (both clones made in china)
    i want to know what does the Dreambox have and Openbox doesn't and oppossite
    from reading from a lot of places through the internet i came to this conclusion (correct me if i am wrong)

Openbox have very basic/limited Linux support
    Openbox doesn't have EPG
    Openbox is limitted to 5000 channels
    Openbox server you cannot share Cline's but you can add

i don't know if i should go for the Openbox or get some more money and go for the 800HD Se

and after i buy the receiver what dish and LNB should i get ?
    someone told me regular 1m dish and inverto lnb

• If you are considering the Openbox S10 then please also consider our HDTV 500HD which is basically the same type receiver with the same type firmware BUT the HDTV also has a scart output on there (and HDMI of course) and unlike the Openox S10 that can vary in quality the HDTV come from one far east factory and are always of decent quality, got some great customer feedback as well, we've been selling these a long time now!

HDTV V8 500HD Digital Satellite Receiver ₤99 FREE UK NEXT DAY DELIVERY bet

If you are considering saving up the extra for a DM800-SE then please consider the other brands options as well, we've got the Xtrend ET5000 at an amazing £199 now (it really shouldn't be this price when you compare it to others!) and we've got a Duolabs QBox HD Mini at £199, this looks great, has front colour LCD screen and can be fitted with twin plug and play tuners, and as important as anything of course it works and works well!

Xtrend ET5000 ₤199 AMAZING PRICE SPECIAL OFFER FREE UK EURO DELIVERY BEST
    Duolabs QBox HD Mini DVB-S/S2 Digital Satellite Receiver ₤199 FREE UK EURO

These are the ones that spring to mind from what you are thinking of but there are of course many others you could consider, we've got some quality motorised dish packages as well that we can easily add to any of the above, if you want any help or advice on the various receivers we have available by all means feel free to get in touch direct.

• You have so many more options with the DM800SE so definatley worth spending the extra cash. A 1m dish will be enough to pull in most sats in all weather, as for lnb i use one of these & cannot fault it one bit.

so what spec should i watch most for the lnb? noise signal ?

i didn't wanted the Openbox to be an option but i saw that a lot of people are buying it (probably becouse it is cheap)
    i appreciate your offers but i am not from UK

i can get these products shipped to slovenia or macedonia for this price
    OPENBOX S10 - 90$
    DREAMBOX DM800HD SE - 250$
    DREAMBOX DM500HD - 220$

that's why i am in this dilemma

• We can ship worldwide no problem (and regularly do) but where ever you purchase I really would check out the other models I've mentioned as alternatives to purchasing any clone receiver, they are both Enigma2 receivers and both have various features and options but the bottom line is they are NOT a cheap Chinese clone/fake, when you can have an original brand receiver for around about the same cost it has to be considered.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!